#121 cptkirk

cptkirk

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,799 posts
  • Local Club: B.M.C. + Chiminiclub

Posted 16 September 2010 - 10:27 AM

The tubes entering the catch can are bend downwards so that the oil residue is forced downwards first.

Good idea.........

I am surprised that you are venting it to atmosphere.....I am under the impression that there should be a vacuum formed in the cam cover to aid the high revving engine, would the inlet manifold not be sucking the air from the filter on the top of the catch can more than from the cam cover as it would appear that would offer the least resistance. Dont get me wrong, I am no expert in catch can workings (or anything else) I am just putting ideas out there.......

#122 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts
  • Local Club: minisevenclub Holland

Posted 16 September 2010 - 02:41 PM

Captain, I was planning on making the catch can so that there would be a vacuüm on it but that didnt work... Because I connected the top outlet from the catch can to the IM. The engine began to rev more because of the 'vacuüm leak' I made.... That's why I decided to vent it to the air. It's not harmfull or anything and when I go turbo on the mini you cant use the vacuüm line anyway because then the IM will be under pressure.... The engine dont zeem to mind either. It runs smoother then ever now....

In that way Im just working ahead.... LOL...

The only thing now is that I hope there wont be so much gasses comming out of the can that I will be sufficated in the car.... In that case I will put a hose between the can and the filter to move it outside of the car....

No problemmo!

#123 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:23 PM

Well, after spending a couple of years in the garage I came out once again ..... Dusted myself of and booted the computer..... Windows 98 ..... >_< 

Hahaha. No seriously I had my priorities elsewhere.

Until a couple of weeks ago!

Engine runs fine afther changing the belt and waterpump. It goes silly mad through the revs so it slowly becomes really time to finish the car, it took long enough, right?! The only thing I still need to get is the MSD distributor cap. The coil and cables I already have.... Then the engine is finished (for the MOT.....)

Anyway, seemed okay to let you hear from me again. I haven’t been on the forum a while but after reading some posts I was happy so see some familiar names came by. Cool! It was the Captain that reminded me to update my topic again.... :shades: 

Been busy altering the fueltank to. The 2nd inline fuelpump died afther having no fuel during a hard and long corner to the right. Time to take out the tank! I fitted in an original Honda fuelpump and made partitions in the tank that will hopefully counter with the ‘sloshing’ of the fuel. The pump inside the tank made it also more quiet. Another nice side effect.

Also installed a new steering rack. The old one I refurbished had to mush spacing on it. Now I have one with the stops so the wheels won’t touch the inside of the panels any more. ;D 

Now I am in the stage of sanding and priming the thing. Almost half way done. When it is all the way in primer I will fix the lose ends in the body and prep it for paint.

Then II need to line the mini out, the wheels I mean.

Anybody has the numbers for a good road use setup?

Well that's it for now.

Cheers and till next time!

René

Pics:

#124 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 August 2013 - 06:50 AM

Hey Rene

Good to hear its back on track, looking forward to seeing the finished article soon.....

#125 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 01:36 PM

So.............. Not yet finished but getting closer bij the update..... ;D

Foto550-CTBRCPTU.jpg

Foto550-ZVATCINP.jpg

Foto550-QURLLWAL.jpg

Foto550-LA3PR4HI.jpg

Now for the last little things and it's time for paint....

Greets

#126 Birdman

Birdman

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 02:02 PM

Looking good.

#127 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 07:50 PM

Looks mean in matte grey......

#128 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:46 PM

Thanks guys.

It looks mean in grey but the finish will be in matte black. Will look awesome with the chrome rims.

To bad I know the bodykit will crack and I've triest different bondings but nothing worked like it should. Anybody tried plasidip? I'm thinking of using that round the bodykit....

#129 GeorgeMini

GeorgeMini

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 172 posts

Posted 05 September 2013 - 08:59 PM

my friend has a matte black plasti dipped modern mini... looks the balls and we did it ourselves with a spray gun in his garage! that stuff is amazing, and scratched areas, just simply peal it off and spray down a new layer or two in that area and jobs a gooden. It bonds together so you cant see any patch work! 

definitely a great option for a car like this in my opinion :) 

#130 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 12:22 AM

Somebody wanted an update, we'll her is it is....

I rolled the mini!

yes I rolled it. This has a reason too. The bodykit on the mini is a b***h. The previous owner put the bodykit on without the rubber seals and poly'd the bodykit to the steal. After every test ride I had the kit ripped. (the mini is pushed now rather than pulled for instance)

The result afther 1 layer is ok. The 2nd day it was to cold so I have to wait for better weather again. In the mean time I'm going to put the doors etc back in so I can paint that too so the mini will be equally black.....

Hopefully on the road this year.... Hopefully.....

So these 2 pictures: baking in the sun afther the first layer....

Foto-4ABWKJQN.jpg

Foto-MYS6EVGA.jpg

Edited by Renessy, 22 March 2014 - 12:34 AM.

#131 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 09:10 AM

Top Skills, surely it will be ready this year............... O_O

#132 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 16 January 2015 - 05:23 AM

Sorry Capt'n will be this Year! Promise!

Foto650-OGLKQ48J.jpg

Foto650-EBWQISFW.jpg

Still lots of little thing to take care of.....

#133 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 20 March 2015 - 09:08 PM

Check thuis out!

Rear lights are working! Had Some difficulties with what seems the be a faulty connector but now it works!

Car is finaly coming together.

https://youtu.be/2Xscg7cgcyQ

#134 cptkirk

cptkirk

• Members
  • 1,799 posts

Posted 23 March 2015 - 02:19 PM

Slowly - but surely.....

#135 Renessy

Renessy

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 306 posts

Posted 08 August 2015 - 08:08 AM

Guys!

It's kind of strange but for the first time in 8 years the garage is empty!

Tha car is at the garage. I hope all goes well. They've told me yesterday that the engine is ok! A big relief as I never got to test the engine at full. Timing was seriously off, Mr. power is back. 

The only downside is that they found the car bratteling (?) I haven't got a clue where that may come from but I do know that they have to allign the wheels. Hopefully afther that is will be better. Besides that I haven't got any carpets or head lining in the car so ofcourse it will be noisy.....  Hope to have more news next week!

Foto720-CN46SAKQ.jpg

Foto720-ZGTI744G.jpg

Foto540-3WKGUXWW.jpg

Cheers!!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users