fishywick

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 05 December 2006 - 10:20 AM

Hi everyone,
Having owned two seven type cars, one with a bike engine I am now looking at a Z Cars Mini.

I have done a few sprints and trackdays but not seen a Z Cars Mini on track, so .............Has anyone on here done any sprinting, hillclimbing etc. I am trying to judge what the handling is like compared to others.
Steve

#2 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 11:15 AM

Have you been to Curborough (little sprint circuit)? If you know the track and have an idea of what a good time is for a complete lap i can PM what z-cars mini's can do around there.

#3 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 05 December 2006 - 12:12 PM

Hi everyone,
Having owned two seven type cars, one with a bike engine I am now looking at a Z Cars Mini.

I have done a few sprints and trackdays but not seen a Z Cars Mini on track, so .............Has anyone on here done any sprinting, hillclimbing etc. I am trying to judge what the handling is like compared to others.
Steve

I think the main reason you havnt seen many Z-cars mini's at trackdays yet is purely down to a noise issue as the standard exhaust system which is supplied with the kit is loud for most tracks but most owners are now solving this problem so expect to see a few more out in 2007.

Cheers

#4 fishywick

fishywick

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Local Club: None

Posted 05 December 2006 - 05:48 PM

Have you been to Curborough (little sprint circuit)? If you know the track and have an idea of what a good time is for a complete lap i can PM what z-cars mini's can do around there.

Ade
I haven't been to Curborough but I know a man who has. I'll find a time and let you know.

Hi everyone,

Steve

I think the main reason you havnt seen many Z-cars mini's at trackdays yet is purely down to a noise issue as the standard exhaust system which is supplied with the kit is loud for most tracks but most owners are now solving this problem so expect to see a few more out in 2007.

Cheers

Yes I understand the noise problem although plenty of sevens have now solved it. Either with a much larger silencer or two silencers. Am I right in thinking Z Cars run one with two silencers?

#5 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 05 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

It's usually an additional one bolted to the back of the standard one. :w00t:

#6 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member