21 replies to this topic

#1 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 05:15 PM

Well after a recent topic on hear and after mucking around with the red and blue minis from M&S, I’ve finally pulled my finger out and started to get all 8 of my r/c vehicles up and running again.

So out come all the boxes of bits full of half built cars, engines, suspension, motors etc.

Only one of the cars I have was in rather a bad way (used and abused) so about 2 year ago I bought from someone another car that was almost identical to the one that was past it.

So have been busy transferring the engine and trans over from my knackered car, only there appears to be one bit missing or I’ve gone and lost which happens to be the front diff housing and diff. Now as I have no clue as to what this new car actually is (can’t remember) or have any instructions don’t have any part numbers etc.

Now I’m pretty sure if I have a good rummage around I’ll come up with a diff that will fit and work, which would just leave the diff housing.

Which is were I hoping someone on hear will be able to help identify (ignore the engine and 2 speed) so I have a rough idea of what make/ model it is or might be for me to obtain anew diff housing and hopefully have it up and running so I can start having some fun with it.

Cheers,

#2 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 29 December 2006 - 07:04 PM

millsminis is in to his toy cars

#3 incrediblerog

incrediblerog

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:28 PM

i'm indifferent on the matter :)

#4 mini25

mini25

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:31 PM

im into RC, but not nitro, i race 1/10th touring car and buggies

unless sumone posts the answer to what car it is and is certain they are correct, u are best off taking it too a model shop

am i right in thinking u live near MK??

try taking it into the racing dome and see what they say, and im sure that if they cant help u, that they will know sum1 who can!

or ofcourse google the make and which model u think it is and see what happens

Edited by mini25, 29 December 2006 - 08:32 PM.

#5 pikey7

pikey7

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,824 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 08:32 PM

pretty sure its a schumacher. Not sure which model though.

you can get spares directly from them http://www.racing-cars.com/

#6 JamesF

JamesF

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:00 PM

I used to fly model planes but my interests changed and I haven't bothered with them for over a year now.

Attached File  Picture.jpg   89.98K   1 downloads

I put a camera on one of them and got some decent pictures.

Attached File  RDMAC3.jpg   76.61K   5 downloads
Attached File  RDMAC1.jpg   57.01K   3 downloads
Attached File  RDMAC4.jpg   65.3K   5 downloads

#7 mini93

mini93

He's just too casual!

• Members
  • 8,615 posts
  • Local Club: Medievil minis of Warwickshire

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:05 PM

how do u take a pic if the planes all the way up there? :)

#8 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:25 PM

Long arms :)

#9 JamesF

JamesF

Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 228 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 10:48 PM

There's a little servo above the camera in the last picture. I flicked a switch on the transmitter and the servo pushed the shutter button. I had to land every time I wanted to wind the camera on, though.

#10 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 12:33 AM

Well I’ll be visiting the two main model shops in my area anyway to get one or two new bits, a new body for staters and the Hexagonal bits that hold the wheels on for these chunky wheels I’ve got for it which are twice the size of the ones on it already, still worth a try asking on hear first though.

Still can’t work out why the part/s are missing as I’ve got all the nuts/bolts etc :) , ah it will turn up, probably after I’ve gone through the hassle of finding a replacement.

And I only got the new chassis for a fiver with 3 spare working engines and only really wanted it so I transfer the still good bits from my old one over as the parts that were past it were no longer available as spares.

Also liking the camera on the plane idea, although I’ve never been a fan of anything that flys because when the batteries / engine cuts out in a car it costs to a stop, were as a plane normally nose dives into the nearest tree / hill etc.

Although I do live about a 5 mini walk away from a public field were quite a few people fly planes during the summer evenings.

Edited by 1984mini25, 30 December 2006 - 12:39 AM.

#11 millsminis

millsminis

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • 2,882 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish Mini Club

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:13 PM

pretty sure its a schumacher. Not sure which model though.

you can get spares directly from them http://www.racing-cars.com/

I'm thinking along the same lines too.....but looks an old model.

Like mini25, I'm not a nitro racer, I race 1/10th Touring Cars and buggies.

#12 Retro_10s

Retro_10s

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 05:28 PM

hmmmm looks like a rossi engine perhaps?.... very potent. :D

#13 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:10 PM

i'd say im an R/C nut aswell, had loads in my time. Tamiya has gotta be my fav :D

ive got a fully restored Tamiya Fire Dragon and a very heavily modified Tamiya Terra Crusher with a .25 XTM engine that puts out about 2.6 hp @ 28000rpm! lol

the terra crusher is similar to the HPI Savage etc but better imo :D

#14 minidan

minidan

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,354 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:11 PM

my g/f also has an old Tamiya Monster beetle and an old Tamiya Bush devil too ...

#15 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 30 December 2006 - 11:37 PM

hmmmm looks like a rossi engine perhaps?.... very potent. :D

Yep, plus the 2 speed gearing (mostly acceleration) and the 4 wheel drive should make it pretty good on the rough stuff was in the last car with only rear wheel drive.

I also have 3 electric Tamiya cars. First being the older style F1 car, which is now, so light with all the carbon fibre and hollowed out rear drive shaft (done myself) now weighs with every thing minus the batteries, just over half the weight of a standard 7.2 volt stick pack, so you can image how fast that one is with the right motor / gearing.

Also have a 4wd TL-O1, which also has a few extra bits and bobs on it and used to get trashed round the track at the racing dome on the odd weekend.

And the most recently acquired (today) a front wheel drive mini cooper with electric speed controller, battery pack, charger and radio gear all for only £65 new in one of the sales which I’m Hoping to spray the shell up to look like my full-size mini.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users