Photo
- - - - -

Can anyone find the Woodford Airshow cars?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 The Roadie

The Roadie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:09 PM

Whilst looking at the handbook of my car, the front page picture of the cabriolet reminded me of the first genuine Rover cabriolet I saw.
It was Pearlescent Tahiti blue. This is the car that was raffled off by Lookers of Bramhall at Woodford Airshow on the official Rover stand in 1993 (I think). Hey I was only 6, and I was there on the stand because at the time my dad worked for Lookers Rover of Bramhall, and I was captivated by the cabriolet.
As I found out recently that only about 1000 genuine cabriolets were made, I would like to know what happened to this car, just out of curiosity. I'm afraid that at the time it wasn't registered, so I can't help you on that.
I also remember the event because I went home in an MG RV8! My Mum and I needed to get home, and the only car that was taxed was the MG, so we had the pleasure of a 190bhp 3.9 litre woofly Rover V8 for the journey home. The RV8 had a bicuit leather interior and it was Night Fire Red, without A/C, so it was a genuine British spec car.
Does anyone know the whereabouts of these two cars just out of interest, as unknowingly at the time they put me on the path to the sort of cars I am interested in today.

#2 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:19 PM

I think you might mean Woodvale airshow, Southport

http://www.visitlive...roductkey=17909

Siggy

#3 The Roadie

The Roadie

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:33 PM

No WOODFORD airshowm, wooford, the base of BAE systems near Knutsford. I can see the mistake though, I should have made it clearer in the first place.

#4 bluebottle

bluebottle

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 844 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:49 PM

i have very fond memories of the 1990 airshow there, we took our tornado's up there, and bae put us up in a very posh hotel, the deanwater, was very nice.
we were the only things there with reheat, and when it took off it set all the car alarms off!...i can still remember sitting in the pub just across the road from the entrance signing up the paperwork after servicing the aircraft...aaaah, happy days!

#5 siggy

siggy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 14 September 2004 - 09:51 PM

I used to live in Chester and have been to Woodvale airshow and never heard of Woodfrod

Siggy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users