32 replies to this topic

#1 thorpey

thorpey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:39 AM

some dirty little f***s thought it would be funny to roll my mini on its side last night,im sick about it has broken the screen buggered the roof the door chipped the wheels front wing...basically hundreds of pounds and wont be covered under insurance..why is it you can never catch these vermin :dontgetit:

#2 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 16 September 2004 - 08:43 AM

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Thats absolutely discusting, what did the police say? do u have an alarm fitted that has motion sensors? might be a good investment also a cctv outside ur house? may sound excessive but you may catch them one day!!

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:00 AM

You are joking...

makes you wonder what gets into people's heads ( apart from 20 lagers !!! )

#4 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:09 AM

i'm sorry to hear that, i really hope you catch the little beggars!

i hope you can also get it repaired. are you sure it's not on your insurance for vandalism?

#5 JamesM

JamesM

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 09:37 AM

Oh that is just out of order, where are you in Essex? Do you need a hand sorting it out?

Bloody kids, how would they feel if it happened to them!!!

#6 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 16 September 2004 - 10:02 AM

Thats so out of order!

If you find them we can sort out a Mini Forum Posse and sort them out! :dontgetit:

#7 thorpey

thorpey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:23 AM

im unfortunately in the romford area,have just dropped it down to my mechanic man apparently the roof has been pushed over to one side and the even better news is that the man who does the body jigging is on hols for 2 weeks so im stuck in limbo not knowing if my baby will be ok,just so gutted so love that little car :sad:

#8 Pippy

Pippy

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 394 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:27 AM

That is just not on - so sorry to hear about that. :sad:

#9 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:28 AM

this is heartless, brawlyox is right get a cctv camera to catch those arses doing damage, so if they come back again you can find them and give them a kick in the crown jewels :dontgetit:

#10 thorpey

thorpey

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 11:46 AM

think the cctv idea is a good one gonna look into costs etc and the joy of id the f**kers would be priceless..appreciate all your comments,think the reason im so gutted is me and the missus have been up and down the country since ive owned that and met some real nice people and had a brilliant time at all 3 shows weve been too,guess thats what makes mini ownership so cool they become a member of your family...jeez i must be turning soft in my old age

#11 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 02:13 PM

its a shame they didn't roll it on themselves, thieving i can comprehend (ie you steal something to make money)but mindless vandelism is just pointless what do they get from it? If you find them let us know and we'll get the bolt cutters on their fingers!

#12 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:28 PM

:dontgetit: :nugget: :thumbsup: :dontgetit: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

#13 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 03:43 PM

:gasp: :gasp: :gasp: :dontgetit: :dontgetit: OMG!! if i catch any one doing htat to a mini i will beet em sencse less! how dear they!! if people dont have some thing and they want it they will wreck it! its probalys aload of teens i no im 15 but its the kinda thing that seems funny at our age. and every one always thinks teens always cause trouble etc its about 60 % of em do! because they are so bloody bored! i would never dream of doing it to a mini! well......... the new one maybe :thumbsup: :tongue:

#14 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:36 PM

From what you say , i would say that it can be pushed back into shape using a porto power (10 ton hydraulic ran + atatchments) ,
basicaly you push the damage out in the oposite direction until the diagonal measurements are the same .
(this could do with a diagram to explane!, shame i cant work out how to put them up :sad: )

#15 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 16 September 2004 - 05:49 PM

that is awful, makes me sick to the stomach - its not the first time we've heard stories of vandalism on here either. it only happens to Mini's too, people must be so jealous of them. Makes me want to torture them slowly, and burn anything they've ever worked hard for in their lives. (actually, they never work anyway, they rely on the state so that wouldn't work). They're the ones who crash into you without insurance so you're left with the bill, and fiddle benefits so we all suffer.

I'm gutted for you mate, really am. I hope you get it sorted soon, and when/if you find them then do what you think is necessary.

:dontgetit: :dontgetit: :thumbsup:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users