#16 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 13 January 2007 - 05:43 PM

yeah just sign up as a diff member and add some money on top!!

but dont go 2 high or u will buy them back urself ;)

i just got some Dellorto 45s with linkage inlet and fuel reg with an adjustable dizzy for £450

but yours look in better condition than mine

if you want to clean them up, get an old half inch paint brush or pastry brush, and cut it down so the bristles are about three quarters of an inch long, get a bottle of white spirit or some gunk and give them a good scrub in a tin tray takes about an hour but they come up lovely, mine where as bad as yours, MIFF.

#17 Tangoâ„¢

Tangoâ„¢

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local Club: n/a

Posted 13 January 2007 - 06:30 PM

i was going to use white sprit as gunk needs water to clean off wich cant be good if it gets into the crab mixing witht e fuel, and white sprit evaporates

how bad does your car pull to one side?

seen verious people online saying its bad and others saying is not bad at all?

have you nearly planted the car into the nearest roadside tree?

#18 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 13 January 2007 - 09:37 PM

1st 2nd and 3rd the torque steer is frightning if you plant your fot to the floor, but there is a cure for this and it is the next thing on my list a six speed f28 gearbox out of the calibra 4x4 turbo, they have a limited slip diff in as standard, MIFF.

#19 themininut

themininut

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local Club: 16v Mini Club

Posted 14 January 2007 - 01:03 AM

i did 150 miles an hour in it with webers on

What gearbox and ratio are you running? and what ignition do you have with your bike carbs?

In the AMT frame that you're using the F28 wont go in without moving the engine much further forward in the frame, this will also cause you problems with drive shaft angle and wont stop torque steer, the ratios are no different 1 though 4 from the f20.

M.

Edited by themininut, 14 January 2007 - 01:16 AM.

#20 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 03:07 PM

cavalier mk2 dizzy i don`t know what diff is in it that was done by a garage, but it does struggle putting the power on the road in 1st 2nd and third, the engine has had some tuning work done to it as well, it is at 197 bhp, i was told the f28 box has a limited slip diff as standard and that it would fit the f20 box, surely this would put the power on the road. i own an r1 with an lsd in it and compared to standard it`s unreal, MIFF

#21 themininut

themininut

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Local Club: 16v Mini Club

Posted 14 January 2007 - 04:47 PM

How many RPM's were you doing at 150?

M.

#22 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:14 PM

no idea, but there is no rev limiter on it so it just revs and revs to 7500- 8000 and at the time there was a a friend sat beside me on a zx10 to verify the speed on his speedo because the mini one only goes to a 120 mph and is innacurate any way. by the way does any person reading this no where i could get the speedo recalibrated. MIFF

#23 fikus01

fikus01

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,910 posts
  • Local Club: SMAG - Southend Mini Action Group

Posted 14 January 2007 - 05:16 PM

speedy cables!!!

#24 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 15 January 2007 - 10:26 PM

anbody out in the big mini world got an alloy exspansion/header tank to fit on my mini where that hidious plastic one is? one outlet on the bottom front 19-20 mm, one inlet top front 3/8,cheers MIFF.

#25 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 January 2007 - 02:35 AM

my car is nothing to look at until you lift the bonnet but this is definately the most fun you can have with your clothes on! or off if you`re that way inclined. f**k me it`s fast!!! THIS CAR IS NOW FOR SALE, interested? go to the for sale section. you will not be disapointed if you buy this car!!!

#26 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 24 January 2007 - 01:50 AM

this car is no longer for sale on this site, but it will be up for sale on ebay sunday, GRIFF.

#27 Tomm

Tomm

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 27 January 2007 - 02:19 AM

oh man sad to see it go! Must say i really did like it! Good luck with the sale, think my mini will become a 2.0l red top once insurance alowes

#28 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 27 January 2007 - 07:04 AM

cavalier mk2 dizzy i don`t know what diff is in it that was done by a garage, but it does struggle putting the power on the road in 1st 2nd and third, the engine has had some tuning work done to it as well, it is at 197 bhp, i was told the f28 box has a limited slip diff as standard and that it would fit the f20 box, surely this would put the power on the road. i own an r1 with an lsd in it and compared to standard it`s unreal, MIFF

Any pictures of the R1 with the LSD in it

#29 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 23 February 2007 - 11:31 PM

i did not sell my mini in the end, my two boys talked me out of it, so what we did was heads or tails, on the mini v the 350 lc, best of three, the lc won, then it was the 99 r1 v the power valve, the r1 won, then it was the 04 r1 v the 05 z 750, the z won then the 125lc v the exup, the 125lc won, we then put the two lcs against each other and the 99 r1 against the z, it was the final the 350lc v the z, the 350 lc won, it went on ebay yesterday, gutted, but there is only so much space in my garage, so some of these vehicles have to go. the next round is a week on sunday when the lc goes off, MIFF.

#30 miff

miff

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:08 AM

any of you people out there running 20xe c20xe c20let with a standard diff? chris astley motorsport, do a quaife atb diff for less than 600 quid, ebay "quaife" or 01257267565, what an f in difference. griff.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users