Mr. 7-Port

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,409 posts
  • Name: Graham
  • Local Club: Its out there somewhere

Posted 04 June 2017 - 05:00 PM

Hello,

New to this forum, does anyone happen to know what size nuts and washers I need to fit my MK1 rear lights? And where to obtain them?

You need to post this in the technical section if you want a response.

#2777 Christopher_K

Christopher_K

Starting My Mini Up

• Validating
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 05 June 2017 - 06:38 PM

Hi! 

I'm brand new to Mini forums, but had my '99 MPI since 2008. I'd wanted a Mini since I was a kid in Australia, so had to get one after I moved here. It's definitely all I wanted and more: amazingly fun to drive, easy to work on, and just makes everyone in the neighbourhood smile! :)

I'm going to be doing a bunch of work on it over the next few months as I'm returning to Oz, and it's most definitely coming with me! I just bought an old ute down in Oz as my work car (a 78 v8 HZ Holden for those interested!) and had that roadworthied. I was amazed at the stuff they picked up on and needed fixed before it passed: the Victorian Roadworthy check is *way* more comprehensive than the annual MOT.

ie., Advisories here mean the car won't pass down in Aus.

And one thing I've found after living in the US and now the UK for 30 years is Australian mechanics are *way* more worried about the rust worm than mechanics in the UK or the US (who know the difference between cosmetic, surface & worrying structural rust). They also hate any form of oil leak ..... And, yes, my car here's a Mini so, while not severe in either case, it has a bit of both!

Anyway, as I do some work on it to prep it for its travels, I'll really appreciate input from folks over here and those in Aus that can help me stay this side of a full bare-metal resto before I ship it! 

So, here's me & my Mini. More specific questions to follow.

Cheers!

Chris

Attached Files

Edited by Christopher_K, 05 June 2017 - 06:41 PM.

#2778 Joe Hiscott

Joe Hiscott

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:40 PM

Hi! I'm new :)

I'm 18 and own a 1991 Mini City in Red.

Mods currently consist of a stereo system, and tinted rear windows. 

Plans for my GAP year are as follows:

Paint job/Fix rust spots

Hi-lo suspension

Wheel arches
Exhaust

Central locking

If anyone has any words of warning or advice it would be much appreciated! 
Also if anyone has any advice of how to get a bit more power/speed from a mini would be great, do stage 1 kits do anything?

#2779 Scarletmini

Scarletmini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 June 2017 - 05:34 PM

Hi everyone, just joined. I've got s 2002 plate rover Mini Cooper (45000 on the clock and all original apart for some hi-los to help deal with the vast number of speed bumps where I live), red body with white roof. I've had it since 2011 and I love it to bits, they really are amazing little cars. Unfortunately I've just started a second degree, to be a vet and it's becoming a struggle with the upkeep of the car. I'm hoping to get some input on some sort of value when I can upload some decent pics when I get a chance. as I may have to reluctantly sell it on :( for now here's one pic of the little beast. Nice to meet you all :)

Attached Files

#2780 Lewispeel2001

Lewispeel2001
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 20 June 2017 - 08:55 AM

Hi I'm Lewis I'm 15 and I have just bought a mini 30 for my first car
The car is a 1989 red mini 30 with a 1275 engine and a full fibreglass front end
The car also has a rear Italian job style roll cage and cobra bucket racing seats

I pan to restore the car as it has some rush in the boot and the engine current doesn't run but I plan to use the car every day when I am 17 😊

#2781 irelandz1

irelandz1
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 June 2017 - 11:21 AM

I've got a Mk1 road car and a Mk2 hill climb car. but I haven't had a lot of time lately to do anything to them, so neither on the road at the moment. but I'm ordering some bits, and soon I hope will start work again. getting bits in New Zealand is a bit of a hassle though.

#2782 MiniStickman

MiniStickman

Starting My Mini Up

• TMF+ Member
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 26 June 2017 - 11:16 PM

1979 Mini 1000 Canadian Edition

Specs that I know of

998 Metro engine

Janspeed stage 3 head

performance intake

HS4 with #5 needle

LCB exhaust with RC 40 single box muffler, center exit

Cooper S type 23D distributor - no vac advance

Special Canadian options

large heater blower fan under the hood

block heater

radiator with top hose on other end due to originally installed air pump

higher amp alternator (code shows a police spec)

Work done before I bought it - semi restoration

New metal from firewall forward

new front floor pans

new rear valence

All parts removed from the body shell and professionally painted, under coated and rust proofing sprayed in all cavities

new carpets

new custom seat covering and new seat foam

under carpet felt kit

New windshield

All new window, door, bootlid and bonnet seals

new tires

Full tune up

power coated new front subframe

Work Done Since I bought it

Petronix ignitor

Sports gold coil

New speedo

removed sports pedal covers and installed factory rubber pads

quick release hood hinge kit

Future plans

Twin HS2's - NOS from Mini Mania got them 1/2 off

new radiator

disk brake upgrade

nothing too crazy as I want to keep it fairly stock

http://imgur.com/a/KlWKk

Edited by MiniStickman, 26 June 2017 - 11:35 PM.

#2783 maxbrown336

maxbrown336

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 17 July 2017 - 09:50 PM

I have a 1993 Classic Mini Sprite, I am not old enough to drive right now, however, I can't wait for the day I can drive it on the road. At the moment there are no major mods to I although I do plan on doing quite a few to it when I have to money.

#2784 rab falconer

rab falconer
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 July 2017 - 09:58 PM

i have just bought a 1.3 classic mini year w i am looking for any parts dose any one have any for sale 

#2785 alittleawkward

alittleawkward

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 23 July 2017 - 10:15 PM

Doesn't work like that mate. Mini's literally have thousands of parts, and each model is different to a certain extent. What do you want, I can give you wheels? A manifold? Headlights? A steering wheel?

#2786 Benny Yeo

Benny Yeo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 01:48 AM

Hi I'm driving a Morris Mini Clubman 1974

#2787 jjazreid

jjazreid

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 03:19 PM

I have 2 British Open Classics, purchased 3 weeks ago. My wife & I are planning our own Italian Job for next year. I have a year to get them fit for the trip

#2788 T-wizzle1

T-wizzle1
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 26 July 2017 - 05:10 PM

Hi!

I recently purchased a 1995 mini sidewalk. This is my second mini as I had a 1992 mini mayfair for my first car in 2007 which I loved but was not too practical with my line of work so I had to get rid after a couple of years of owning it. Since then I have really wanted another one but it has never been practical with life situations but finally Ive got around to getting another one and I couldn't be happier with it. It has no major mods, i just want to get it up to a good standard and use it to learn more about engines. 

#2789 triniboy13b

triniboy13b
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 28 July 2017 - 11:34 AM

Hi, guys & gals I am Curtis From Trinidad & Tobago.

This is my mini.

Attached Files

#2790 RickyBobby

RickyBobby
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 30 July 2017 - 02:35 PM

I have a 1989 Mini Rover I purchased in Japan and drove there for about 2 years.  I brought it back to the United States and now want to restore the car back to its original glory...with a few tweaks of course (suspension, body work, paint, etc.)!!  It has a 998 in it and I want to make it able to reach highway speeds of near 70 MPH (~115 kph), but not be turning such high RPMs that I can't have a conversation in my car.  

I'm looking for input and advice and I start to rebuild and restore this car.  So the first question I have is:  Is the 998 the correct engine to meet my requirements, or is something bigger like a 1275 Highway cruiser or 1380 a better choice? Both of these engines are built in the states but are pricey...I would like to use the 998 I have if possible, but if I'm not going to get what I want out of it, then I would like to know that too. 

Thanks for any advice...no detail is too small. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users