#2851 MisterBridger1960

MisterBridger1960

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 28 June 2018 - 03:11 PM

HI to all mini folks,

I owned minis from 1994 to 2007. Fell asleep and drove into a Railway Bridge. Returning to the mini world with a "Foers-Nomad" pick-up  kit car" based on mini donor parts. 998 lump. good rebuild. new slave and master  bits. new brake pipes. good sub frames front and back, and suspension, rear brakes etc. good clutch, alternator, starter motor, rad, G-Box. 8.4 disks. Engine is a metro A+. However......... Have to sort electrics. Good lights all round but not wired up. no battery tray. got to decide on location. Under bonnet, seat or in the back, in a box.No wiper motor or wipe spindles. no indicator stalk. no switches inside on dash. i probably will be asking more than a few silly questions. Am trying to pull all my previous knowledge from my memory banks in my little grey cells. It's on a Q plate. will want to post some photos when i know how.A mate got me involved and persuaded me to get it. hope i havent bitten off more than i can fix.

Thanks for reading

#2852 kawaninja

kawaninja

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 06:58 AM

Innocenti Mini Cooper Export 1973

1310cc

#2853 detroitmini

detroitmini

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 29 June 2018 - 03:57 PM

Fresh Mini Owner.

1978 Mini 1000. Imported to Detroit from a guy in Windsor, Canada. It was cool seeing all the documentation in Canada as they have a record from of all previous owners on the title. Car has a fiberglass front and RHD conversion. Car needs interior finished and windows/seals put on.

Cant wait to get it out on the road.

Attached Files

#2854 Pietervdp

Pietervdp

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 01 July 2018 - 01:09 PM

Got a bodyshell from ‘91 with an engine I for the Mini I had 20 years ago. It’s a 1275 with a slightly ported MG metro head with highlift rockers and a ported SU. The front suspension has the smaller (is it 7,5 inch? Forgot) discs for 10” wheels. Fully adjustable suspension and still need to fit the rollcage and finish the rear suspension. And do some welding on the passenger floor.

#2855 Abdalim

Abdalim
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 July 2018 - 05:19 AM

Hello everyone. I drive mini clubman 1275GT. Standard and no modifications yet.

#2856 1275poorlyproject

1275poorlyproject

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts
  • Local Club: That would be nice

Posted 03 July 2018 - 09:36 PM

Mine is still under covers,awaiting funds,hopeful to start later this year,metro 1275,low power,ideas on upgrades welcomed Thanks

#2857 Yogirat

Yogirat
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 05 July 2018 - 12:35 PM

Just purchased a 1997 MPI Cooper!

#2858 Marc182

Marc182
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 July 2018 - 09:04 PM

Hi everyone

I drive a 998cc Rover Mini City E 

#2859 ELTEL MINI MAN

ELTEL MINI MAN

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
  • Local Club: Norfolk Mini Owners Club

Posted 07 July 2018 - 11:55 AM

What mini do you drive and are there any mods done to it ?
Also what are your plans :-) !

I have a 2000 Mpi 1275 Cooper - Anthracite Black.  No mods - box standard - barn recovery after being stolen and recovered. Was listed as an insurance "write-off" - they paid out then years later it was "found".!  Consequences of sitting around for nearly 4 years are that parts of body (namely sills and window rubbers not so good.!) - Engine though is in fine fettle - starts and runs well - exceptionally clean rocker box and internals. 2nd gear syncro dropped (aren't they all.!). Brakes seen better days - rear wheel cylinders leaking, front calipers seized - discs well rusted. Clutch and Brake master cylinders shot - new and overhauled where possible. Rear sub damaged by some twit trying to tow using cross brace.   My plans are to strip the entire car (already started - rear sub repaired - all components overhauled or replaced (brakes, suspension, trailing arms, drums, shocks) front subby stripped and grit blasted and painted (some some corrosion spots repaired. Engine out front sub, engine and transmission out. Front sub stripped, grit blasted and painted. New and overhauled components fitted to brakes, suspension, steering, shocks.  Approx 50% way through. Need help from forum as I'm stuck with Brake Servo issue.!

#2860 SA-GTS

SA-GTS

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 18 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

Heya gents I am new to the UK mini scene, I own a rare South African 1275 GTS that i will be shipping over here in th enext year or so! I will also be (hopefully) going to some mini events over the summer. so any suggestions on ones would be greatly apprecaited!! any questions about the GTS just fire away!!

#2861 MiniAngel

MiniAngel
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 29 July 2018 - 02:25 PM

Hi everyone

I'm picking up my 3rd mini tomorrow.  Its the Roadster.  Is there a separate forum for them please? 

#2862 jimmini

jimmini

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 06 August 2018 - 10:00 PM

Picking up my first Mini tomorrow, 1985 Mini City E. Can not wait!!!! :D

#2863 PostmanNat

PostmanNat
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 19 August 2018 - 04:33 PM

Hi guys, new to the mini forum. Loved minis ever since I was little, don’t own one yet but looking to buy as we speak. I want to buy a classic mini and restore it as I have lots of time off of work as I work away a lot of the time. I’m only 22 but study engineering and will be learning/teaching myself as I go through the build. Will post pictures the moment I get my hand so on something and look forward to my time here on the forum! I’m sure I’ll be pestering a lot of you knowledgeable ladies and gentlemen along the way!

#2864 Deano1966

Deano1966

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 August 2018 - 10:09 PM

#2865 Yatesy

Yatesy
  • Noobies
  • 0 posts

Posted 02 September 2018 - 05:35 PM

What mini do you drive and are there any mods done to it ?
Also what are your plans http://www.theminifo..._DIR#/smile.png !

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users