jacko299

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:16 PM

Hi, just a few questions:

Attached File  throttle_bodies.JPG   358.75K   30 downloads

can anybody tell us what this is on the throttle body and what do we do with it?

Attached File  throttlebodiestop.JPG   341.6K   28 downloads

Does anybody know about these outlets? have we got something missing as we dont know what fits in there

Attached File  t_piece.JPG   347.5K   28 downloads

I presume these tubes are some sort of crankcase breather, i can see one goes to the left hand side of the air box, but where does the other one go to that comes off the T?

Attached File  air_box.JPG   385.16K   19 downloads

Where does this pipe go to? there is another pipe attached to the crankcase which goes the the other outlet not arrowed.

We brought the car last year but have only just found time to start finishing it off, its the purple one that was on ebay if any of you remember it, thanks for the help :(

#2 Major Burkenshaw

Major Burkenshaw

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton mini club

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:25 PM

I'm only guessing but

The first pic could be the fuel inlet and return lines

The second pic looks like either a leak-off or balancer pipe between the inlets

As i say though, i'm only guessing, have never seen an R1 engine in the flesh :( :xxx:

#3 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 11 February 2007 - 01:40 PM

The first pic is the water feed to the automatic choke. It raises the revs when cold.
The other is a breather pipe with a foam filter inside, this normally goes up into the airbox.

The water pipe will go to another T piece leading to the thermostat housing and to the top of the expansion tank.

#4 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 03:13 PM

The long pipe on the air box is the crank case breather. I have some pdf files of the entire cooling system but I don't know how to upload them.

#5 jacko299

jacko299

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:21 PM

Thanks for the replies, weve sorted out the breather pipe and the automatic choke inlet and outlets, the only thing were still not sure of is what could be the balancer in the second picture. Also if anyone has a good picture of where to mount the oil pressure switch on the engine could someone post it, were using the etb digi dash so it would have to be remotely mounted, we dont know where to fit it to the crank case. Thanks again, Jacko299 :(

#6 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts

Posted 11 February 2007 - 05:27 PM

They are just vented into the air box. Have a look at my oil mod for remote oil sensor or dean chads.

HERE

Edited by koss, 11 February 2007 - 05:37 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users