5 replies to this topic

#1 Mini V

Mini V

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 02 October 2004 - 09:02 PM

as some of you may know... my a-panel needed replacing after the front alloy wheel came off! :nugget:

i also needed a wheel arch replacing and found myself a cheap 2nd hand one. it was in a diff colour to my other 3 existing (plain grey/black colour) arches...

so i thought id go for the "respray all 4 arches" job!... i was wondering if i just primed them in grey and sprayed them, would that be sufficient for a good finish and be tough enough?

i was also wondering which you guys thought would b better? a nice solid black finish for the arches?? or a body colour-coded look??
:smartass:

#2 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 02 October 2004 - 10:54 PM

Giv'em a scrub with one of these pan scrubber type things just to give the primer a key, and the paint should stick alright...

IMO, colour code the arches... And the bit of trim along the sill aswell ...

#3 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:52 AM

Be sure to use "plastic primer" or a proper "adesion promoter"under the primer or they will just peel :sad:

#4 cowboy

cowboy

Friend of TMF

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,799 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 07:53 AM

you can get plastic paint at most motor factors or @ halfords, and they shine good...

:wales:

#5 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 08:42 AM

whats the rest of the mini look like??

if you re-spray the arch then you will get one with good paint as the rest has faded and it will look odd so do all 4, it sounds hard but if you can do it some where warm and dry then you will get a better finish!

#6 Mini V

Mini V

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 03 October 2004 - 06:50 PM

yeah guys... thanks again 4 the feedback. im defo gonna go 4 the plain black finish i think. i will post up pics of my mini soon. (before the a-panel accident!!) and show u how mini v looked at its best! and eventually pics of the painted arches on the mini! (thatl b a few weeks yet tho!) :smartass:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users