2 replies to this topic

#1 Dan16v

Dan16v

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 15 March 2007 - 09:20 PM

I have just finished fitting some sportspack arches to my Rio, took a fair bit of fettling to get them on there properly.

How have people had theirs sprayed? On the car or off the car? They are fairly flimsy and Im worried about cracking the paint when handling them off the car. Obviously a good etch primer with elastomiser will be used because its rubber.

Cheers

Dan

#2 cooper_shaz

cooper_shaz

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:12 AM

Hey Dan..

Best to spray them off the car, that way you get a good finish and no missed edges.

Use a car paint plasticiser in the paint (2k paint if poss) and key the surface well, Etch prime and paint as normal.

#3 Dan16v

Dan16v

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 370 posts

Posted 16 March 2007 - 09:16 PM

Hey Dan..

Best to spray them off the car, that way you get a good finish and no missed edges.

Use a car paint plasticiser in the paint (2k paint if poss) and key the surface well, Etch prime and paint as normal.

Yeah, idealy I want to do them off the car, I was just seeing how other people who have painted sportspack copy arches have done it, they flex quite a lot when off the car.

Its 2k, but the stuffs over £400 a litre as the preveous owner decided to paint it with chromaflair colour change paint! So i dont want to damage the paint by bending them.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users