49 replies to this topic

#31 nag1_uk

nag1_uk

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:57 AM

gearing will be too low to optimise lap times at the ring, but they will be great fun all the same.

Hi,
I do not know anything about this but could you easily change the gearing once you get too the ring???

Mike

#32 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:00 AM

I don't know if it would be too low. I mean most minis top out at roughly the same speed as a Z Car conversion, so you should still be able to put in some good times given the acceleration of these conversions!

#33 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:39 PM

I'll take some bits for you Al or bring the big tent mate up to you.

Ta

#34 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 26 March 2007 - 04:52 PM

As regard's to changing the gearing - it's definately not something You'd want to bother doing when you get there but it would be simple enough to swap out the front sprocket for one with an extra tooth.

They are geared for 120mph I think, which is what the majority of us will only reach on a couple of parts of the track - so jammy is right - it will be negligable whether anyone will notice - I just meant that we will not be embarassing any GT3's, although I'm sure we'll be having more fun

#35 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 26 March 2007 - 05:53 PM

Driving the r1 I felt the urge for another gear 1st is ok but doing 125/130 its screaming for another. I suppose its ok for small tracks but does the ring have longer gearing if you know what I mean.

#36 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 07:45 PM

Guilt trip. If we go we're going to have to get grandma to look after the kids for a week. Plus we'll miss our son's fourth birthday by one day. Knuckles are being chewed. Really want to go.

#37 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 09:06 AM

Ahhh, your son is only four, he won't even remember you not being there for his birthday! :thumbsup:

What might be a good compromise (and something that was arranged last year as an exception) is that we can book you on an earlier ferry home? So you could come back a day or two earlier to be there for your son's birthday. This does have the downside of you travelling back alone and getting less time at the Ring though.

#38 Dev

Dev

Fiat 500 'Ringer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Local Club: NF500

Posted 27 March 2007 - 12:05 PM

or you could buy him a really nice present from the Ring?

#39 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 01:09 PM

or you could buy him a really nice present from the Ring?

Well he's crazy about cars. Especially Porsches :thumbsup: Must have slipped up with my parenting somewhere. Still, it's a great idea. Do they have a gift shop there?

#40 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:33 PM

I think you can get stuff from the museum, or theres the petrol garage which has a gift shop attached to it. And I'm sure there are bits and bobs in the villages inside and around the 'Ring that will sell 'Ring themed stuff?

#41 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:41 PM

The cafe in the 'Ring complex sells quite a wide variety of gifts too....

#42 *DJH*

*DJH*

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 4,972 posts
  • Local Club: www.bigpower.co.uk

Posted 27 March 2007 - 03:45 PM

I wonder if there is a waiting list to live in the 'ring?

#43 m3ntalist

m3ntalist

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:11 PM

I will be bringing the minus this year, But space will be an issue. Pinch may want to come in his mini this year so he can take a tent and some bits. Otherwise could someone else either take my tent off me at brands or I could share a tent with someone???

I am unsure if I am going at the moment - even considering selling the mini!

If I do have a change of heart though I would help you out (but a passenger lap would be nice!)

Edited by m3ntalist, 27 March 2007 - 11:12 PM.

#44 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 02 April 2007 - 03:26 PM

Alburglar
When we get to Brands Hatch, im sure some people can share your stuff abot. I'm sure we can find some homeless guy to give it to :xxx: But seriously, im sure me jammy, mighty_mini etc etc can make a lil bit of space for some of your worming tablets or sleeping bag etc.

Malc and di
If your son is into cars then go to the ring and get him some stuff from there. not only do they have model cars and amazing toys, but Nurburgring shaped pasta and novelty items like that!! And lots of schumacher stuff unfortunatly lol.
Say you got "stuck" over there, and he'll be none the wiser :)

Would be great to see a few Z-cars on the run this year, i mean its the first year that the BMW minis have been allowed so when will the Z-cars come out in force??

#45 Dev

Dev

Fiat 500 'Ringer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Local Club: NF500

Posted 02 April 2007 - 05:09 PM

I found some awesome porsche models in the garage at dottinger hole (tm the greatest garage ever - slushy). some quality books in there too.

Even CF race steering wheels made in to clocks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users