26 replies to this topic

#1 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 26 March 2007 - 08:42 PM

just to let you all know ive converted the trusty z cars demo hyabusa into this seasons race car
its the red one we built for the mini builder dvd
ive dropped it down so that the floor is only 2 inches from the ground fitted big slicks from my mate hotdog (ex formula renault front michelins)
thrown as much trim etc away as possiable fitted the big brakes up front she now weighs 550 kilos ready to race and on the dyno the other day had 154 bhp at the wheels
should be quite lively with a power to weight ratio of 300 bhp per ton at the wheels until i get in that is (115 kilos of muscle doesnt help)
we are at oulton park for the first race on saturday 31st march if anyone wants to see the first few out there you are welcome to come along
just to pick up on a thread from the race section about noise weve fitted two silencers to this car both within the body shell and its certainly quiet enough to run anywhere now
chris

#2 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 26 March 2007 - 09:01 PM

just to let you all know ive converted the trusty z cars demo hyabusa into this seasons race car
its the red one we built for the mini builder dvd
ive dropped it down so that the floor is only 2 inches from the ground fitted big slicks from my mate hotdog (ex formula renault front michelins)
thrown as much trim etc away as possiable fitted the big brakes up front she now weighs 550 kilos ready to race and on the dyno the other day had 154 bhp at the wheels
should be quite lively with a power to weight ratio of 300 bhp per ton at the wheels until i get in that is (115 kilos of muscle doesnt help)
we are at oulton park for the first race on saturday 31st march if anyone wants to see the first few out there you are welcome to come along
just to pick up on a thread from the race section about noise weve fitted two silencers to this car both within the body shell and its certainly quiet enough to run anywhere now
chris

Hi Chris, I was just about to post this question as i fancied coming out to see the turnout this weekend.
As for the weight, i bet those alloy doors helped aswell

See you saturday, what time is the first race??

Cheers

#3 ChrisL

ChrisL

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 157 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 27 March 2007 - 07:17 AM

Chris, Any chance you can post up a picture of the car?

#4 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 08:29 PM

i will probably have to get richard to do that as im useless on computers
she does look pretty though i had a quick blast down the road with her this morning and the weight loss certainly makes a difference
suppose i should go on a diet but i like my food too much
i think we will be practicing around 0930 im not sure about the race just hope the weathers as nice as it has been today
off to cadwell tomorrow testing
chris

#5 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 09:42 PM

How was the testing today today at cadwell????

#6 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 29 March 2007 - 08:20 AM

cheers for the Update chris.
sounds like you lot are having to much fun down south..

have to get my finger out and get my shell done and order the kit... Unfortunately It would take me a full weekend to get down and see you lot. But I'll Try plan a " WORKS TRIP" to come in and see you...

Any pics for a lonely Scots man up her with No Z-cars to look at.????

Cheers.

Edited by bpirie1000, 29 March 2007 - 08:21 AM.

#7 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:06 PM

Here are some pics of the Zcars racer from Oulton park today

Attached File  CIMG0003.JPG   964.55K   137 downloads

Attached File  CIMG0006.JPG   324.97K   146 downloads

Chris qualified 6th on the grid for the race and finished 2nd in class which is a tremendous acheivement for first time out in the car.

Attached File  CIMG0055.JPG   272.78K   110 downloads

He even managed a bit of grasstracking at the end aswell.

Cheers

#8 koss

koss

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,399 posts
  • Local Club: The Greenbank working mens social club

Posted 31 March 2007 - 05:54 PM

And a nice rear view of a monte I believe.

#9 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:11 PM

no rear view of a monte as the water pump packed in(its electric) and we had to pull out of qualifying
god its good to be back racing
we had two goes at the start with a big accident in the first run
we managed to go from 6th to 2nd first time out of the grid but it was stopped by the time we went round the 3rd bend
2nd start was even better managed to get through to ist out of the grid and round the first two bends,this gave the commentator something to shout about considering that in front of me i had two 2 litre caterhams,a dutch touring car astra with 460 bhp and i was alongside a lotus europa with 350 bhp supercharged vauxhall !!!
realistically theres no way i can beat them with a steel bodied 1300 cc standard hyabusa powered car but we hung on and had an exciting last lap dice with a 2 litre ginetta he passed me twice on the last lap and i managed to get him back out of deer leap by putting two wheels onto the grass and pipping him to the line by 3 hundredths of a second still buzzing about the whole day loads of people around the car afterwards and wanting to build them to race
when we get a load of equally matched cars out there it will be fast and furious fun cant wait till mark rally gets hisout and rob gough gets his pot off his leg
chris

#10 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 31 March 2007 - 08:34 PM

hi chris,
well done today! i only said the other day it will be nice to see you back racing, what a way to start!
what wheels/tyres are you using on the racer? i would like to get some as a track day set

cheers ade

Edited by adyzr1, 31 March 2007 - 08:39 PM.

#11 m3ntalist

m3ntalist

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 924 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 10:50 AM

That sounds so exciting, id love to see them at brands

#12 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 01 April 2007 - 12:34 PM

ade im using 8x13 with some formula renault front slicks on them they are already scrubbed but are £25 a time so good value you need a fair bit bigger arch clearance for them as they are a bit taller profile
chris
we are at brands hatch on 2nd june taking passenger rides at the total kit car show
chris

#13 bpirie1000

bpirie1000

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,118 posts
  • Local Club: Amoc

Posted 02 April 2007 - 08:34 AM

Any Scottish Dates Chris?

Aberdeen Mini owners are having a Track and Fun day on the 8th July (www.amoc.8k.com)if your free and fancy seeing some scottish minis......

Don't quite think I'll have min on the road But I'll try.....

#14 z cars chris

z cars chris

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 469 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 09:26 PM

i wish i had the time but every weekend now is full of racing or shows of one sort or the other
shame as i know the scottish boys and girls love their minis
chris

#15 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:00 AM

Attached File  mini_alleys_005.jpg   1.29MB   86 downloadsHi all, foot still in plaster,but the car is ready to go, all i need is time.will the r1 revs be enough to tame the hayabusa`s i hope so.i have some pics with new wheels and arches on.dont be scared boys she dosent bite.
cheers robAttached File  mini_alleys_005.jpg   1.29MB   86 downloads

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users