#16 james the clubman man

james the clubman man

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 563 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:29 PM

adrien flux seems to be a few peoples favourites!!!

how modified is your car???

#17 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

If it's just body mods then Liverpool Victoria are ok.

#18 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 05 July 2007 - 05:14 PM

Managed to get my mini insured whilst im on provisional license. My dad is the main driver and i am a named driver. everything declared. then once i have passed i will become the main driver and my dad will be the named driver at no extra cost.

It has cost me......£575 :) :P ;) Managed to find a local insurance broker who got the quote for me!!! Well chuffed ;D

EDIT: forgot to say im 17 and that is fully comp

Edited by Mini Man Dan, 05 July 2007 - 05:47 PM.

#19 sheree&the-gt

sheree&the-gt

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 909 posts
  • Local Club: Leeds MOC

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:23 AM

Managed to get my mini insured whilst im on provisional license. My dad is the main driver and i am a named driver. everything declared. then once i have passed i will become the main driver and my dad will be the named driver at no extra cost.

It has cost me......£575 :) :P :wub: Managed to find a local insurance broker who got the quote for me!!! Well chuffed :)

EDIT: forgot to say im 17 and that is fully comp

whooooo are you with?

xx

#20 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 06 July 2007 - 09:42 AM

not sure of the company as my dad phoned them. will post it up later when i get home :)

#21 mini30me1992

mini30me1992

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 224 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:34 PM

Ill be 16 next June... and i can start driving then too as i live on the isle of man i wouldn't like to hazard a guess of how much mines going to be!!

#22 isellapples

isellapples

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 09:46 PM

Edited by isellapples, 24 December 2013 - 07:55 AM.

#23 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 10:17 PM

edit: it would probably have been cheaper if i put it in my mum/dad's name, but this way i earn my own no claims discount

That's naughty though if you're the main driver :kiss: adding a more experienced person as a 2nd driver can help to lower the cost (sometimes)

#24 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:12 PM

Confused - £1400 TPFT.

LV - £1650 TPFT.

998 City E in my own name???!

How are you guys getting quoted by Footman James, site says 25+

Edited by TJenkos, 07 September 2007 - 06:13 PM.

#25 Mini Man Dan

Mini Man Dan

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,299 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:21 PM

Confused - £1400 TPFT.

LV - £1650 TPFT.

998 City E in my own name???!

How are you guys getting quoted by Footman James, site says 25+

Phone them, they didnt say anything about me being 17 over the phone but their website wouldnt let me get a quote =]

#26 Bristolboy

Bristolboy

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 September 2007 - 09:47 AM

Same here, computer says NO, phone says £991 and a few pence. But am not allowed to pay monthly >=] as it would be under classic insurance.

#27 LilacLilly

LilacLilly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 199 posts
  • Local Club: M.A.D MINI SOCIETY / ABERYSTWYTH

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:44 AM

You lot are being done on your insurance! I'm 21, 1 years no claims, 998cc cooper S, valued at £4,000 as she will be in immaculate condition after re-shell which they know about (they sent someone out to agree the valuation), she's 1978, I lost my license to medical reasons and had to re-take my test, use for business, social, domestic, and road events, unlimited milage, with the AA fully comp... What do you recon??

Well confused.com put the cheapest quote at £600. That was with the AA, so I went onto the AA site, filled in the form, so going direct, The offered £369.00, I thought that was good, but then a little screen popped up saying their sister company Sabre could save me more, So I checked that out, And guess what.......

£85.00 a year fully comp with everything except breakdown (as i use the RAC, much better)

So my advice is... If you use a comparison site, the cheapest they tell you, go to that companies website and go direct. You will need to fill in all your info again, but if it can save you!! Well worth it

#28 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 08:19 PM

£470 fully comp in my dads name, still earning NCB within the company.. Sorted!

#29 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 06:58 PM

Moved to FAQ!!

#30 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 18 October 2007 - 10:27 PM

You lot are being done on your insurance! I'm 21, 1 years no claims, 998cc cooper S, valued at £4,000 as she will be in immaculate condition after re-shell which they know about (they sent someone out to agree the valuation), she's 1978, I lost my license to medical reasons and had to re-take my test, use for business, social, domestic, and road events, unlimited milage, with the AA fully comp... What do you recon??

Well confused.com put the cheapest quote at £600. That was with the AA, so I went onto the AA site, filled in the form, so going direct, The offered £369.00, I thought that was good, but then a little screen popped up saying their sister company Sabre could save me more, So I checked that out, And guess what.......

£85.00 a year fully comp with everything except breakdown (as i use the RAC, much better)

So my advice is... If you use a comparison site, the cheapest they tell you, go to that companies website and go direct. You will need to fill in all your info again, but if it can save you!! Well worth it

Blimey, that's pretty cheap. That price at 21, you lucky git.

Sabre do give a good price, I got a quote for £1200, considering I'm 18 and the car has modifications and to quote James May "parked on the street in a part of London that's usually on fire", I didn't think it was too bad. I was getting quotes of less than a £1000 without modifications, anyone know any Insurers who are a bit more tolerable of modifications.

Things should get better when I'm 19.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users