31 replies to this topic

#31 Mincento

Mincento

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 05 November 2004 - 11:49 PM

oh and i forgot to say today i took the mini up and down the drive moving it about etc to test the brakes before i put it on the road but when i put it on full lock to the left there is a grinding noise of metal against metal.

my mate recons the bottom of the steering collum hasent been adjusted when the colom drop bracket was fitted by the last owner so the end of the column is getting chewed up as this happened on a mini i know two weeks ago and all of a sudden the steering just went so dont want that to happen to mine so ill have to check it out tommorrow night depending on when i get back from landrover trialing

if anyones got any ideas on what it could be let me know please

#32 Mincento

Mincento

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 443 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 12:28 AM

well just a quick update

as you may have noticed ive changed my username from CLUBBYMAN to MINCENTO because basically i dont own a mini clubman anymore so wnated a different one you will probably be able to work that out from past postings why ive chosen the new one.

thanks loads to Nick (Brawlyrox) for doing this for me.

I have fitted a metro hif44 carb to the mini because the last carb was dangerous ill show you how soon but cant get the mini to run right with the new carb at the moment so it still aint on the road but maybe soon ill manage to sort it but im doing loads of college work at the mo so that seems to be slowing the process down.

Also the bonnet sits down flush with the wings now ive modded it and when ive finnished doing the carb then im gonna finnish off rubbing down the grille back plate, paint it with hammerite and put it back together and it should make the front end look a lot smarter

thanks again to Nick for changeing the username

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users