4 replies to this topic

#1 maLinGo

maLinGo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 04:33 PM

Any clues of how I can get rid of the immobiliser? I don't want it to work, I just hate it.

Apparently you can get rid of it cutting the wire that links it to the ECU.

Haven't a clue of wich wire it is, or of the havoc I'll cause :lol:

Any ideas?

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 14 April 2007 - 05:44 PM

what year car is this?

#3 maLinGo

maLinGo

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 14 April 2007 - 08:58 PM

its a 1998, but it has the one plug ECU. Loads of purple wires :/

#4 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 14 April 2007 - 09:48 PM

Is this an MPi? I thought they were two plug, one black, one red?

Dev may be able to help on this one as If I recall, he has done the ECU code modification. However that is not the only thing you need to change.

There is a connector on the bulkhead that joins the engine loom to the body loom. There is a white with red tracer wire on the body loom side of the connector and a white and pink wire on the engine loom side of the connector, that feeds the starter relay in the relay pack. Double check the this is the case, that the wire tracer colour changes from red to pink in the same number contact of the connector. This is the live feed to the starter relay from the ignition switch. The starter relay ground is fed via the alarm ECU, thus, when the alarm is on, the starter will not turn over. This is a white with pink tracer on the body loom side of the connector that terminates at the alarm ECU, and a white with red tracer on the engine loom side of the connector that terminates at the relay pack. Again double check this. Its simply a matter of splicing into the white with red wire on the engine loom and connecting it to ground. thus bypassing the alarm ECU for the starter. There is still the engine ECU code wire that will stop the engine starting, thats where you need the help of Dev. As far as i was aware it cannot be done unless you buy a new un coaded ECU.

Check Check and Double Check that you are grounding the correct wire. Get it wrong and it will go pear shaped rapidly!!

Peronaly, an alarm and imobiliser can only be a good thing? why remove it just because it bothers you?

WARNING!

This above wiring modification can easily be figured out with the use of the wiring diagrams and bit of nowse, therefore i am not giving away any secrets of the trade. However, if you are in any way doubtfull of your abilities with auto electrics get a qualified auto electrician to do it. Connecting the wrong one of these wires to ground will cause a dead short and melt all the wiring and worst case, set fire to the car. You have been warned and I, nor anyone else will be resposible for your actions resulting in personal injury or property damage, It is that serious!!!

Edited by Mini Sprocket, 14 April 2007 - 09:49 PM.

#5 Neon

Neon

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 15 April 2007 - 11:23 AM

It may just be me, but I find it a little worrying when a new user signs up and makes 4 posts, all to find out how to remove an immobiliser. It's not even as if he's said my immobiliser is faulty and I need to remove it...he just wants to know how to get rid of them.
Sorry, I'm sure he/she is a genuine person but I do get concerned by posts like this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users