Roo

The Queen Of The Curly Wurly

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,656 posts
  • Local Club: South Central Mini Club!

Posted 22 April 2007 - 03:21 PM

Hi all!

My mini (96 spi) has recently come out of a service and one of the problems found was the drive shaft was clicking when the steering was turned. I had the drive shafts replaced there and then along with wheel bearings. I've been told that the driveshaft could have been damaged when the brakes were done.

Since then i've continually heard the 'clicking' noise when the steering is turned. Could it still be the drive shaft? The ball joints aparently have a lot of play in them as well but i'm not going to book her in to the same garage if the driveshafts that i supposedly had replaced are still wrong/damaged/broken.

Also where is the best 'mini friendly' place to get wheel alignment and tracking done?

#2 Dev

Dev

Fiat 500 'Ringer

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,549 posts
  • Local Club: NF500

Posted 22 April 2007 - 05:26 PM

When you say clicking is it like when you click your fingers or more a knocking sound?

Any decent garage should be able to sort your tracking out.

Are you doing the ball joints yourself then? If so remember to use flatting paste to get the high spots down but consequently remember to clean them properly before fitting.

#3 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 23 April 2007 - 06:48 PM

with steering on full lock and the wheel turning, clicking is associated with inner pot joint wear.

Depending on when and in what orientation the wheels are in, it could be inner, outer joints or wheel bearings.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users