Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:04 PM

Hello!

the time has come to start thinking about re-spraying the car, and i'm undecided on what colour to go for. It has been Ziebarted underneath, including the engine bay, which when removed with white spirit, leaves the gorgeous bronze original colour, which is really nice, but i'm not sure if I want a change to something different, or to keep it original. Some of my friends say to keep it completely original, as its very retro and very seventies, and others say to completely change it. I'm not sure, at the moment there's three colours I like, but if anyone else has any ideas for more that'd be great. I'd like people to say which they think is the best, and which they prefer the most. The wheels will be the 10" Anthracite Minilites, so the colour needs to go with the wheels as much as possible.

Ok, here is the original colour (imagine it without the nasty black garage applied rust cover bodge up stripe along the bottom of the car)

#2 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:05 PM

here is my second choice, bearing in mind my car has black group 2 arches

#3 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 10 November 2004 - 11:06 PM

right, I apologise for what is in this pic, but my mom drives one and I really like the colour, although my choice would be for a black roof (i couldn't find a pic anywhere :lol: )

#4 BlAck0ut

BlAck0ut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 10:49 AM

That would look ace, Old English white with black arches and a black roof.

The other option would be Dark red with black arches and a black roof...

when it does go in for the spray, I hope you will ve removing the AA badge,

you usually only see these on Rover grilles that oaps drive

#5 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:03 PM

stick with the colour you've got it's not something you see very often, and when you blow someone away at the lights it'll leave em more astounded! Think of it as a stealth mini

#6 Jeff R

Jeff R

The Forum Lesbian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 287 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 02:54 PM

Paint it rover snapdragon (bright yellow)! Fits in the with the period too!

#7 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:04 PM

I'm with Philster, the mini's look good in their original 70's colours, and the bronze is a rare one at the best of times... looks cool asis...

And that OEW one... well... has someone told the owner you need wheels to drive it... unless it has the latest Hover module fitted !!! LOL :cheese:

#8 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:12 PM

I vote for keeping it the stealthy bronze. Metallic brown. :lol:

#9 tom

tom

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 651 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 05:13 PM

Lets face the facts, the Mini is the only car in the world that looks good in brown.

#10 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 06:34 PM

ok, i think you're right, i think I will stick with the bronze. I've never seen another mini in that colour, and it is the original, seems unfair to make it lose its identity completely. What about the engine? At the moment its going to be red, but I was thinking a very stealthy black would look good, hide whats really underneath?

And i must admit, it does look damn good when its washed, and when its dark (don't all cars lol)

#11 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 07:53 PM

oh, and the AA badge will be definitely staying on. My dad being a patrol it shows a bit of loyalty I think, and there's a very nice orange concours 1275GT that has one in exactly the same place, so I can't lose it really can I? We're the Clubby AA badge wearing crew!! :tongue:

I think the guy with the white clubby is going for the ultimate handling, 8.4 inch front 'wheels' and 9 inch rear 'wheels', slammed to the ground! Bit uncomfortable though :lol:

#12 Kustom

Kustom

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 08:50 PM

The bronze colour gets my vote and as for engine colout i say go for the stealth mat black, I was thinking of red until i saw the W+P mini in the front of this months Miniworld, it looks mint.

Matt

#13 hatchet

hatchet

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 08:27 AM

Yeah, I agree. Definately stick with the original bronze colour and go for black for your block. Can't think of any other colours for the block that might go. Yellow maybe?? :erm:

#14 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 12:04 PM

i agree with the others, keep it the original color. i was thinking of changing color too, but decided i like my mini the color it is.

as for the engine, black seems good too....hides the oil spills :lol:
that and if you add the nice shiny bits to the engine it will really set them off nicely

#15 philster

philster

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 13 November 2004 - 03:36 PM

i think thats unanimous then!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users