#1 john1275

john1275

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local Club: south devon mini club

Posted 03 May 2007 - 10:30 PM

hi there i wonder if you could help me , i have a 1996 mini cooper spi , recently the car wont start on the key the only way to start it is to bridge the starter motor , i have changed the relay pack obove the servo for one that definitly works , however this problem stil persists i have followed the wire that ataches to the starter motor and it leads back to the relay pack there appears to b no break in the wire, when i baught the car the guy told me he had the imobiliser wired around due to problems now there seems to be a second relay spuring off of the ecu relay that attaches its self to the body of the car , could the rover lucus spec imobiliser stil be at fault , or is there any sure fire way of conecting a wire from some thing to the starter motor that will alow it to start on the key , all i need realy is to find out how to get my car starting on the key.

much apreciate it if u have any ideas

#2 Scarface

Scarface

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 288 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 04:20 PM

have a read through my thread sounds like u have a simliar problem to me

#3 john1275

john1275

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts
  • Local Club: south devon mini club

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:27 PM

have a read through my thread sounds like u have a simliar problem to me

umm i have been told it could be the solinoid on the starter motor if no joy im to wire in a wire from the ingniton on the column to the spade conector on the starter motor my expert assures me this should work will let u know the out come ??

#4 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 04 May 2007 - 10:54 PM

I have split this off the topic you originaly posted in to make it more relevant :)

Have you considered that it may be the imobiliser holding it off?? This is not the end of it though as if the imobiliser is still activated, the ECU will also be deactivated as it needs to see a coded signal from the imobiliser before the engine will start.

Try wiring the white pink wire to ground at the alarm/ imobiliser box. MAke sure you do it there and no where else otherwise it can become a dead short and you will melt wires and worst case set fire to the car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users