Photo
- - - - -

mini is still off road been over a month!

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#16 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:11 PM

They shouldn't 'think' anything, they should know. It is pretty easy to check the fuel rail pressure, and should have been one of the checks the mechanic did when he first had a look at your car. I really think you need to go to a different garage mate since this lot have been no use at all by the sound of it. And why was the mechanic discounting the possibility of sensor faults when he clearly hasn't a clue what really is going on?
Main dealers are getting worse these days, if the computer can't tell them whats wrong then they're stumped. And they always want to replace things, never repair. You don't mind paying a mechanic £45 an hour if he's using his skills to repair something, but if he's just swapping components I can do that myself!
Maybe you've tried them already, but I'd try Mega Modz (formerly Mega Mini) if I were you, they generally have lots of second hand twin point stuff lying about.

#17 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:35 PM

That is exactely what my ol man said, and that is why he is ringin them tomorrow, he is quite unhappy with the way i have been treated and the way the place is ran.

anybody can buy, and fit a fuel pump, there is about 6-8 bolts, and a couple of pipes to get off, very very simple to do.

IF i knew that this was the problem in the first place, it would of been long sorted before now.

The supervisor bloke was the one that wanted me to tow it back home, because after the diag came up with no results, he was stumbled to what was wrong with it. One of them didn't even know what a canistor purge was! i think i could run the place 10 times better down there! I think its because 9 out of the 10 cars that are down there are all in for services, and simple 'odd jobs which any self confessed machanic bloke can do with ease.

ghrr..

think i might get hold of one myself, and tow it back n do the work myself.

Have you got any contact details of mega modz?

rich

#18 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 25 November 2004 - 11:50 PM

Mega Modz, 01527 877775. (still no website after all this time)

They do complete second hand twin point fuel tanks for 65 notes so just the pump from the tank must be cheaper than that!

#19 P91MER

P91MER

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 829 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 05:45 PM

Hi dan, rung them, and already been and picked a pump up from em, £45 +VAT, got quite a good place, LOADZ of mini stuff, star mags, bucket seats, SC gearboxes, i know where i am going with my crimbo money :lol:.

Dropped it into rover for them to fit, just a matter of waiting for the phonecall, hopefuly it will be good news.

Thanks for ya help..

Rich

#20 BlAck0ut

BlAck0ut

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,059 posts

Posted 26 November 2004 - 07:44 PM

good luck, I will be really happy, no doubt you will be too when it is back on the road.

its a gorgous mini

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users