#1 bengey

bengey

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts
  • Local Club: north devon mini register

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:08 PM

has anyone got a photo of how a stage 1 exhaust should be on ? pretend your a happless weenie and then you will understand why i need 1 lol had mine put on for me and wandering if its right ? the mid section pipe has been put on sideways , but i thought it looked and felt better when the bend was pointing down over the sensor as a result the pipe has to be pulled back slightly to get it level and now its also blowing as i have found out today ! wishing i had not gone to cowboy club now!!!! :D

#2 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 04:31 PM

Moved to Technical.

#3 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:06 PM

It depends on the stage one brand and I have a Maniflow LCB and system fitted to mine. I found using the U-bolt fittings to be more gas tight than those little brackets with one bolt that they supplied in their fitting kit. It does help to use a little exhaust paste.

Back in 1995 when I fitted my first Maniflow back boxes, I got ATS to fit them for me and they managed to fit them upside down so the tail pipe was pointing towards the pavement! They argued that it was the only way it would fit, but I pointed out that they were wrong because the slam plates (or whatever their called) that are fitted to the rear box were above rather than below where they should be.

So having it fitted the right way up does help.

#4 bengey

bengey

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:37 PM

Moved to Technical.

Thanks mate lol

#5 bengey

bengey

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 03 June 2007 - 05:38 PM

It depends on the stage one brand and I have a Maniflow LCB and system fitted to mine. I found using the U-bolt fittings to be more gas tight than those little brackets with one bolt that they supplied in their fitting kit. It does help to use a little exhaust paste.

Back in 1995 when I fitted my first Maniflow back boxes, I got ATS to fit them for me and they managed to fit them upside down so the tail pipe was pointing towards the pavement! They argued that it was the only way it would fit, but I pointed out that they were wrong because the slam plates (or whatever their called) that are fitted to the rear box were above rather than below where they should be.

So having it fitted the right way up does help.

i got the kit from huddersfield spares i dont actually know what it is lol god im thick! where would it say ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users