#1 tony kenobi

tony kenobi

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Owners Club of WA

Posted 04 June 2007 - 10:46 PM

hi all, just fitted my Maniflow cat 2 back system. im happy,sounds nice with the K&N filter. and easily fitted,just striaght on the cat,2 bolts and happy days. Ive been looking at the rest of my system, the cat is fine (dear bugger anyway),but the pipe after that has what looks like a straw box attached to it. I know this is for movement in the engine, but it has seen better days, and needs replaced (few holes peeping thru) .

so been on minispares and found this http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=34219

just to make sure, this is what im after? my cooper manifold is fine, its basically a LCB anway, so this shud just fit in ok?

is it worth while changing to a stage 2 lcb? thanx

Edited by tony kenobi, 04 June 2007 - 10:48 PM.

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:30 AM

If you have the cast iron manifold and the original down pipes, the part you link to will not fit.

Its either fit a new standard down pipe (mini sport selling them off cheap, usualy aroud £200!!!!?????) or fit an LCB, I wouldnt recomend anything other than the Maniflow item as ive heard fitment issues with others.

to be honest if its not blowing and it passes an MOT i wouldnt bother with it, however the LCB will release a little more power, contrary to what most people are saying these days.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users