10 replies to this topic

#1 busaboy

busaboy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 01 December 2004 - 11:47 PM

Hi everyone that doesnt know me already, after all we all register on loads of sites dont we ? Very interested in the London to Nurburgring run, sounds good, is there a rough price anywhere or do we have to work it out for ourselves?

#2 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:01 AM

Hey Busaboy welcome? are u busa pwered already or is it a future conversion... we are looking at around 175 pounds for ferry and accomadation.... and the track is around a tenner a lap.... fuel and spending money is unpredictable lol.... welcome to the site..

Nick

#3 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:01 AM

Hey, welcome to the board. I too am a new user, but it's looking pretty good so far!

#4 busaboy

busaboy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:13 AM

No mate, the Busa in my name refers to the 200mph armchair which is sitting in my garage and only comes out on sunny days. 160BHP at the back wheel and 0 to 170 mph in a rediculously short time and space. It does low 10 second standing quarters as well. All for £4K, cheap eh ?

#5 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:16 AM

wahahaha, now im sure ur having me on,, or is seeing believing?

#6 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:20 AM

:erm: I'm guessing by 'armchair' you mean motorbike yeah? Remove the best bit and shove it in yer min! It's the way ahead my friend!

#7 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:26 AM

Welcome to the site.

At least let us see the Armchair!

Enjoy

#8 busaboy

busaboy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:30 AM

wahahaha, now im sure ur having me on,, or is seeing believing?

Which bit is "is seeing believing"

160 BHP at the back wheel, see Fast Bikes video Mach II Calais to Cannes Standard Busa on a dyno did 160BHP at the back wheel.

Same video showing 215 MPH on the speedo, i realise that this is no indication of true speed but its the one we all use isnt it ?

Low 10 second standing quarters , its true, honest , some one good could take a standard busa, modify it with some tie down straps and post a SUB 10 second quarter mile.

0 - 170 MPH in a rediculously short space and time, well i would have to show you but it is rediculous honestly, there are lots of bikes that are a match for a Busa up to around 160MPH but after that it get silly. Winding the throttle on and off at 170 MPH STILL gives acceleration you would expect at 140MPH on most bikes.

£4K for one?, yup pick up MCN and take your pick of half a dozen.

#9 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 7,066 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:35 AM

WAHAHAHA!! i thought u actually meant an armchair

I dont doubt the silly power of a busa, and i saw a video of a turboed one once... they are scary machines...

#10 busaboy

busaboy

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 02 December 2004 - 12:38 AM

:erm: I'm guessing by 'armchair' you mean motorbike yeah? Remove the best bit and shove it in yer min! It's the way ahead my friend!

Nah, a Mini should have an A series engine in it, 8 port ?, yes, 16valve KAD head ?, yes but bike engines? er, no. Same with VTEC's and Vauxhalls, it may still look like a Mini, but its not anymore is it really ? Not that i've got anything against these conversions, i just prefer people to go wow its an 8 port! or hey look at that KAD head!

If i was going to build a bike engined Mini i would start with a fibreglass shell and build a spaceframe chassis. Have you seen the Hayabusa engined Mini built by Jack Frost ? Theres no rear floor in the thing, very nice but its a mini in shape only as far as i'm concerned.

#11 marksmini

marksmini

Mark - Founder of TMF since 2003 - Onwards

• Admin
  • 29,429 posts
  • Name: Mark
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 02 December 2004 - 02:20 AM

hello welcome to the forum

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users