3 replies to this topic

#1 slyoldfox2001

slyoldfox2001

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,936 posts

Posted 12 June 2007 - 02:29 PM

Can anyone tell me if I was to swap the SPI head with an MPI head what changes would need to be made (ie fuel injectors, ecu, etc)

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 12 June 2007 - 10:14 PM

There is no difference that will affect the operation SPi with MPi head, just put in a temp sender to plug the hole in the front of the head. If its MPi with SPi head, it will be a bugger to mount the alternator and would need the temp sensor hole drilling.

#3 minidaves

minidaves

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts
  • Local Club: mine

Posted 13 June 2007 - 06:23 AM

hang on spi had temp sender in the inlet not the head, and the alternator on the spi is mounted on the block anyway so no problem spi head on mpi may be differant as you wouldlose the alternator bracket

dave

#4 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 13 June 2007 - 05:13 PM

hang on spi had temp sender in the inlet not the head, and the alternator on the spi is mounted on the block anyway so no problem spi head on mpi may be differant as you wouldlose the alternator bracket

dave

Yes, correct, the temp 'sensor' on the SPi is in the inlet and the original temp 'sender' location in the head has not been drilled through. The Mpi however has the 'sensor' in the place of the age old original location of the temp 'sender' therefore when fitting an MPi head to and SPi you need to plug the hole, and the easiest way to do this is with a temp 'sender' :dozing:

Edit** well the one i have seen does, however i have just looked at the Workshop manual and its in the sandwich plate, so if thats the case, ignore me :huh:

LOL did that make any more sence ;)

Edited by Mini Sprocket, 13 June 2007 - 05:17 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users