7 replies to this topic

#1 reez1891

reez1891

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 18 January 2004 - 08:01 PM

hey, my poor puffer wasnt starting last week so me blokey came and had a fiddle and the timing was out because of the last fiddle. so he fixed that and we decided that as she hadnt been out for a while we would take her for a warm up.
but oh! its never as simple as that is it!? it wont go into gear when you start her up, its fine when the engine's not running so its not the gearbox. the clutch is doing nothing, just springy when you put your foot on it and then let go. neil sed that there was a hole in my clutch fluid cap and was wondering about air getting into it and causing problems so we are gonna try bleeding it next week. but were also considering that it may be the cylinder??
any ideas, it hasnt given me any problems before. it has always been quite a mean clutch, in that i mean very quick.

#2 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 19 January 2004 - 04:40 PM

it could be assign that your clutch is on its way out, but also check for wear in the pipes going to the clutch slave cylinder

#3 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 07:52 AM

It could be your clutch slave cylider has siezed , get someone to look when you put your foot on the clutch if it goes in and out !

#4 reez1891

reez1891

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:18 PM

he had a look and it wasnt doing anything when i put my foot on it. does this mean that it is definitely the cylinder and that its not worth bleeding the clutch fluid?

#5 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 20 January 2004 - 05:32 PM

It is worth trying to bleed it , if you bleed it the pedal will feel solid if the slave cylinder is seized , or you will find a leak !.

#6 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 20 January 2004 - 11:49 PM

Probly find the seal has gone and its letting in air, if it wont bleed then your gonna have to buy a new slave :)
If that doesnt cure it, then you might find its the master that isnt workin right. If thats the case, get one from the scrappy...:)

#7 reez1891

reez1891

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 21 January 2004 - 11:56 AM

fanx i will let u kno how it goes. although i dont think we gonna get to do it this weekend now as neil wants to go to stafford and that will take up nearly all of the day

#8 reez1891

reez1891

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 160 posts

Posted 25 January 2004 - 06:11 PM

huzzah! didnt go to stafford today as neil wanted to stay at home, so my friend james came round (with my new door card :)) and while he was here he fixed my clutch for me! it only needed bleeding (phew!).

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users