#153 Burnard

Burnard

4 gears good........... .......................5 gears Better

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,350 posts

Posted 08 February 2009 - 08:27 PM

and you just prooved his point!!!

to be fair, most forums are imo, over moderated, but then, most forums are family forums, so you cant really complain, keeping the bad language out so the younger generation cant catch on is a good thing i suppose. although i dont think there is anyone under the age of 12 on here. age 12 films have pretty much all the bad in them now days.....

Edited by Burnard, 08 February 2009 - 08:31 PM.

#154 wolfie

wolfie

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 10:34 AM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that guy is such an as**le^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

PM sent

#155 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 09 February 2009 - 11:14 AM

Now now ladies, play nice.

#156 racer36

racer36

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 10:56 PM

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^that guy is such an as**le^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

i blocked that out nd not moderation or filtering

#157 The_Mistro

The_Mistro

Farmer Barley Mow

• Members
  • 2,369 posts

Posted 24 February 2009 - 11:11 PM

crashed minis

i like issigonis attitude towards people crashing minis in a way! although it is a bit of a bad one for a manufacturer!

"i make my cars with such good handling and such good brakes, it is their fault if they crash them" think thats the words he said! although, after driving a fiesta around a field for 4 years, i found them pretty tricky little cars to drive to start with!

#158 bamby

bamby

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts
  • Local Club: Fylde Mini Club

Posted 14 March 2009 - 11:20 PM

if people want some more pictures of minis then look at scran i cant post the pictures up due to copyright but your more than welcome to have a look at the link view the pictures just search Mini
http://scran.ac.uk/d...;searchdb=scran

bambi

ps if your a uni student and your uni has athens or equivelant then you can log in to view the pictures bigger

Edited by bamby, 14 March 2009 - 11:21 PM.

#159 Roo

Roo

The Queen Of The Curly Wurly

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,656 posts
  • Local Club: South Central Mini Club!

Posted 15 March 2009 - 07:51 PM

I never knew this thread existed.

Okay i've had 3 accidents in mine and still have the mini. (all were write offs, except the 3rd as i didn't go through insurance company bu they would have written it off) She wasn't called Phoenix for no reason.

1st accient i was rear ended. Broken down on a duel carrage way in wet condtions (It was like driving in fog) 1st car (Pug 206) stopped about 20 cm behind me. then 30 seconds later a car hit him at about 60-70MPH (Fiat chichento - bad spelling) THe Fiat lost all of the front end, engine was pushed back, all 3 passengers were fine and walkesd away unharmed. THe Pug obtained severe damage to the rear quater on the drivers side and a small dent on the bonnet where he hit me.. I obtained a very dented rear end.

Posted Image

2nd accident happened in wet condtions too... just over a year later in May. Learner driver sat at an empty roundabout on a blind corner. As soon as i saw him applied brakes and lost grip on the tires (yes they were faulkans) went into the back of him.. I hope he learnt his lesson for his test 9 days later that hesitation on roundabouts causes accidents, and his marked down on your test.

Posted Image

Posted Image

3rd Accident happend again a year later in May. Ball joint sheered when pulling into a petrol station. Luckily only doing about 10 MPH but lost all brakes when the wheel/hub broke away plowing into the a panel. Hit another mini but as the front was now a flip front it crumpled causing minimal damage to the other mini.

Posted Image

Posted Image

This is how she looks now:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Roo, 15 March 2009 - 07:55 PM.

#160 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Forum

Posted 30 March 2009 - 05:35 PM

Here was mine:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

A car reversed into me, and to be honest, at the speed it was going, not fast at all, the car didn't hold out very well. But that might be the fact I was still travelling and his tow bar took the brunt of it from his car. The thing that got me the most first was my insurance. Were they going to pay out, whos fault was it going to be, etc, as a first time crash, etc, you do worry a lot. Luckily the insurers thought he was responsible, so they paied out. Also I had just had the front end done about 2/3 months earlier and both door skins, so that made it worse, most of the damage to new panels.

Anyway, I do know what it is like to loose someone close in a car accident, and its not nice, and I know you think you know the limits of your car, but I doubt you ever will, and with the english weather, the driving conditions can change in seconds. Also I NEVER drink when I drive, not even 1, as I want to alway be able to drive to the best of my ability.

So just keep safe out there people, your all special to someone.

#161 techno-steve

techno-steve

One Carb Or Two?

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 818 posts
  • Local Club: Leeds Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

this topic makes me real sad :( .....................i realy could cry at sum of this stuff :cry:

Edited by techno-steve, 06 May 2009 - 01:04 PM.

#162 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,416 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 06 May 2009 - 01:30 PM

1987 Park Lane:

That isn't bad at all, a door skin is a near flat, unstressed panel that isn't welded (save the top corners). Note there's hardly any damage around the edge of the door or B post, it's anybody's guess is the damage would have been more or less with a more substantial door but it's unlikely it will have been so localised.

#163 Shylos

Shylos

Super Mini Mad

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 536 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 01:03 PM

I'd never seen this thread before - something everyone should read really.

#164 1987_ParkLane

1987_ParkLane

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,671 posts
  • Local Club: The Mini Forum

Posted 15 May 2009 - 07:12 PM

1987 Park Lane:

That isn't bad at all, a door skin is a near flat, unstressed panel that isn't welded (save the top corners). Note there's hardly any damage around the edge of the door or B post, it's anybody's guess is the damage would have been more or less with a more substantial door but it's unlikely it will have been so localised.

Yer I suppose, but still the scariest thing is seeing a car coming towards you, knowing there is nothing you can do :( .

#165 cookie4343

cookie4343

**Caution: Do Not Feed Alcohol**

• Traders
  • 2,257 posts
  • Local Club: CV1 Mini's

Posted 21 July 2009 - 01:35 AM

Bump

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users