#526 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,215 posts
  • Local Club: central minis

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:35 PM

new toy installed :w00t: it looked ugly piled in the corner so we guessed we might as well put it straight into use till we have access to the new place.

Looks like a toy that i need :)

Hows it running mate??

PERFECT!! - cant stop playing with it :D

#527 alexcrosse

alexcrosse

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,786 posts

Posted 04 November 2008 - 09:36 PM

you tie it down in the end then?

#528 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 05 November 2008 - 05:34 PM

you tie it down in the end then?

dont be stoopid - gaffa tape :D

Big day today - Gerrard from Mini magazine came and did a photo shoot at John's workshops. John's buddy Brett had done a days valeting and detailing on her and by God she looked fantastic.
Gerrard took a whole bunch of photos that really did her proud, the guy has got some serious talent.
We wants to come back again hopefully when its drier and sunnier to get some decent shots of the paintwork, but it was looking sooooo-perb.

dan dan the wolf man was also in attendance and filled the role of photographers assistant well, and took some shots of his own - the riches of which we will hopefully see later. :w00t:

I stuck the temporary wheel centre caps on but I'm not sure the hot-snot glue gun held too well :)

#529 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:31 PM

well, whilst we are waiting to stockpile bits on the new project, I thought it about time we did some long needed mainteneance on Roofless.

in the next wek she'll be getting a Barnett clutch conversion, so we can give it some serious noise and smoke at shows like castle coombe, new chain and sprockets.

I've also ordered some new bits from Pro-Motive that you'll see more of soon.

we're also finalising some lomng outstanding wiring niggles that hopefully give us some useful info like speed and revs >_<

and finally I've booked her in for setting up the Dyno-jet properly, and a decent rolling road session.

today I turned my attention to the damaged speaker pod in the back. The Panasonic speakers were really showing their age - 10 years old !! - so its update time with some nice SPACE 5 from Vibe. This should give us some more grunt in the mid range and much sweeter tweets. :thumbsup:

I'll get the other side done tomorrow afternoon, and the fronts on friday. Just in time for the show at the weekend :)

the old speakers
Posted Image

looking tired and rough - buit like me >_<
Posted Image

new shiny and nice space 5 speakers
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#530 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 06:37 PM

well, whilst we are waiting to stockpile bits on the new project, I thought it about time we did some long needed mainteneance on Roofless.

in the next wek she'll be getting a Barnett clutch conversion, so we can give it some serious noise and smoke at shows like castle coombe, new chain and sprockets.

we're also finalising some lomng outstanding wiring niggles that hopefully give us some useful info like speed and revs >_<

and finally I've booked her in for setting up the Dyno-jet properly, and a decent rolling road session.

today I turned my attention to the damaged speaker pod in the back. The Panasonic speakers were really showing their age - 10 years old !! - so its update time with some nice SPACE 5 from Vibe. This should give us some more grunt in the mid range and much sweeter tweets. >_<

I'll get the other side done tomorrow afternoon, and the fronts on friday. Just in time for the show at the weekend :thumbsup:

the old speakers

VERY NICE!!!

#531 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 26 August 2009 - 09:51 PM

we're also finalising some lomng outstanding wiring niggles that hopefully give us some useful info like speed and revs :D

today I turned my attention to the damaged speaker pod in the back. The Panasonic speakers were really showing their age - 10 years old !! - so its update time with some nice SPACE 5 from Vibe. This should give us some more grunt in the mid range and much sweeter tweets. :)

I'll get the other side done tomorrow afternoon, and the fronts on friday. Just in time for the show at the weekend :-

the old speakers

VERY NICE!!!

:thumbsup: thanks honey

#532 Basky

Basky

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 08:06 PM

What that i hear 165 Bhp :ermm: :sneaky:

#533 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 09:04 PM

What that i hear 165 Bhp :thumbsup: :teehee:

:sneaky: allegedly - at the wheels no less :ermm:

if he's at stanford this weekend I'm gonna give it another go - see if we can get something more definitive. :ermm:

#534 leaky

leaky

Iv never hit a penguin in the face with a casserole

• TMF+ Member
  • 6,890 posts
  • Local Club: Basingstoke Mini Club

Posted 07 September 2009 - 10:54 PM

165 thats good. I was hoping to be at stanford but cant go now as im going to Thorpe Park. Will you be going to castle comb. I had a look round you car at the IMM. Its sooo nice.

#535 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 07 September 2009 - 11:04 PM

165 thats good. I was hoping to be at stanford but cant go now as im going to Thorpe Park. Will you be going to castle comb. I had a look round you car at the IMM. Its sooo nice.

hopefully yes - but we may fail the noise regs and not be allowed on the track :ermm:

#536 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

here is the official graph - torque is way off, so how much credance can the PS figures be given?
answers on a postcard to: dumb as f*ck rolling roads sessions, brimigham.

#537 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 11:26 AM

I wouldn't trust any figures on that graph, it is for an R1? isn't it. If so a typical figure would be 160 at the crank and 130 at the wheels

Cheers
David

#538 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:14 PM

I wouldn't trust any figures on that graph, it is for an R1? isn't it. If so a typical figure would be 160 at the crank and 130 at the wheels

Cheers
David

is that the benchmark for carb'd or injection?

the graph is all over the place, hopefully the guy will have his shizz together by sunday adn we can get a more realistic run.

#539 roofless

roofless

Sticker Pimp

• Traders
  • 7,215 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:25 PM

rolling road sillyness :)

V554MQfKmjM

run to the show

Kz9vIrb3M2s

#540 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:52 PM

They are very similiar in power unless you go to the later injected R1 version, Dales R1 mini at TTS made 133 at the wheels from memory that was a 98 carb R1 and I think 165 at the crank. The guy that owned TTS said at the time that 130 ish at the wheels was typical of a chain driven R1 car carb or injection with the bikes making another 6~7 hp more with the lower losses

Cheers
David

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users