3 replies to this topic

#1 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 01:26 PM

underneith the car, the bar that goes across the back of the car that the exhaust mounts to, is stopping me from raising my exhaust up any more and its scraping on everything! is this beam structural? can i cut a section out of it, to accomodate my exhaust?
any help will be graetly appreciated.
thanks in advance. :)

#2 Woody

Woody

Ring Runner 2005

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,763 posts

Posted 22 January 2004 - 05:50 PM

This is the rear bar of your back subframe , DO NOTcut anything off this bar , what you need is a center exit exhaust :)
The only way to get rid of this bar is to fitt a Beam axle (expencive way of raising your exhaust)

#3 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 22 January 2004 - 07:05 PM

Beams sit slightly lower!!

Take the exhaust off and flatten the offendin area slightly with a hammer, only do it enough to clear tho else you'll reck you pipe...

Jus out of interest, what sort of exhaust is it, because I never come across that prob before, you sure its on rite?

#4 stevenford_uk

stevenford_uk

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 459 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 01:00 PM

ive managed to raise it up a bit, haven't touched the rear beam, realised it was structural, i cant batter the pipe in because the rear can is carbon fibre and it would just smash it into pieces, thats why i dont want it scraping on the floor. its as goot as it can get now anyway, until i lower the car!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users