#1 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 04:16 PM

Hey everyone!

Got the clubbie running today... Works fine, starts well with a good battery. idles at around 1k with no choke, and up to 2k depending on the level of choke! is this meant to happen?

Lovely thin blue smoke comes out the back when reved to 4-5k. Not much though, but definitely there

Problem is in the following:

I thought yesterday that i couldnt engage gears due to the engine knocking about. But today I replaced the top steady (that was the problem), and the engine is sturdy.

I start the engine (with engine not started all gears engage well). Clutch down.. try to go into first. Doesnt go. I release clutch, press it harder again, it engages first with a small grind. It engages when I actually KICK the clutch down. Otherwise it grinds or wont go in at all.

Second synchro looks like its on its way out. Basically I figured that when with the clutch kicked down (all gears engaging), I can go to first easy, to third to fourth. I can go from fourth to third, reverse etc. First to second is fine. But fourth or third to second wont go in. I have to go 3-1-2 or 4-1-2... Don't mind really if I know that that's the only problem!!

Its the clutch thats buggering me! It wont lemme engage gears unless I stomp it so hard that i'm scared I'll make a hole in the floor. I removed carpeting under clutch pedal, now it goes to the metal and wacks it when it disengages.

Otherwise it just sticks! According to my haynes it could be the clutch disc or the clutch master cylinder or something!

Master cylinder looks rather rusty as does the arm going to hte flywheel housing.

Could topping up the clutch reservoir remedy this? What bout bleeding it (it doesnt feel bouncy but then again i dont ever know what bouncy is :S)?
Finally if its possible to somehow remedy this by turning a screw, i'd be more than happy (since i like those adjustments the best )

Thanks everyone! 130 pound 1275gt is almost driveable! Woohoo!

Pavel

#2 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 4,436 posts
  • Local Club: Blacktop Bombers

Posted 23 January 2004 - 05:46 PM

Probly find it needs bleding and re adjusting... Use mr Haynes to tell you the mechod for adjusting, it is easy, but cant remember the clearance setting off the top of my head...

#3 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 23 January 2004 - 10:20 PM

It's easy if that bolt isnt rusted :)

#4 Bluemini

Bluemini

Mini Doctor

• Members