3 replies to this topic

#1 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 12 January 2005 - 07:45 PM

hello there... we orderd some group 5's and they camer today and we where placing them against the car etc and they seem weird there is a lip on them do we need to sand this away ??? this is the lip im on about

Posted Image

i realy want her on the foad by the 30th because i want to go to the show in her! and itle be a grand unvailign to my freinds! lol i dont get much time to work on her because of school so if n e 1 in the area wants to lend a hand they are welcome! lol we also are not sure about where to fix them on the wing/A-pannel

#2 Pavel

Pavel

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 10:35 AM

Pretty sure that's the flashline from the mould. Simply get some fine sand paper and rub it off. In fact as it's a fibreglass part, i'd give the whole thing a good rub down with wet'n'dry as they're sometimes not perfect!

This is assuming you're talking about that TINY lip (few mm on that picture)...

You fix them wherever those dents for screw holes are on the arch (you have to drill holes in the arch there!)... There should be maybe 1 screw/rivet to go through the A panel, the rest through the wings with maybe another one through the front panel!

#3 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 12:28 PM

ok thanks but i ment where about in the A pannel at the frotn of the back because of the pillar there

here is another picy

ohh great it wont work...

its about a cm roughly ile try and post a pic later

#4 SCURVY DOG

SCURVY DOG

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 617 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 08:34 AM

the lip is for fitting a rubber strip if you are not bonding on the arches

if you don't fit a rubber trim the arches will rub on the paint work and damage it :ohno:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users