4 replies to this topic

#1 Seagull

Seagull

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 02:12 PM

Been ringing round desperately trying to get insurance for my 84 city and have a few questions:

1) I'm 17 next week and will be on a provisional liscence. Will any companies insure me with alloys on the car? :sad:

2) If the answer, as i suspect after the week, is no why can i source some of the standard wheels and how much would i be looking to pay?

3) Might as well as this, do i have to declare spots as a mod?

Cheers if you can help me, George.

#2 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 03:29 PM

i expect ule get insured with alloys

declair every thing apart from cosmetic bit

declair the alloys and any thing thatle make it go faster,stop faster, or make it safer.

hope that helped i might of forgoten some thing but some one will tell you if i have

:grin:

regarding the spots im not sure tell them though, if they can find a way outa paying out then they will

#3 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:26 PM

Try a company called Liverpool Victoria, they're pretty good with that sort of thing, expecially with younger drivers. Alloys aren't usually a problem for most companies, like miniman5 says, make sure everything is declared, to avoid major hassle and disappointment in the event of a claim.

Try CIS (Co-Operative Insurance Services) too, they gave me an excellent quote on a 1977 bobtail 3.5 V8 Range Rover when I was 18.

#4 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 13 January 2005 - 04:35 PM

If it's standard you will not have a problem.... some can be a little pickie about alloys and may ask you for size etc... but as said above. Answer all questions honestly and there will not be a problem..

but came across this today may be worth a punt if you do low miles and not between 11pm and 6am

http://news.bbc.co.u...ess/4167347.stm

Which would be ideal for young drivers !

#5 Seagull

Seagull

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 13 January 2005 - 05:55 PM

Cheers for the help gonna try again tomorrow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users