5 replies to this topic

#1 corky morris

corky morris

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 04:57 PM

I am wondering if anybody can help me? I have been trying to get a wind deflector for a Rover Full length sunroof for a 99 Cooper from almost everywhere. I have tried everybody that advertises in the mags, Rover & cooper garages. The Webasto is a different fit & attended many shows to no avail. Anybody got any ideas?
Thanks in advance

#2 Rob

Rob

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 17 January 2005 - 05:53 PM

I used to work at halfords and used to deal with a company that made those sort of things. I cant remember the name but pop in to your local store and they should have a catalouge or phone them for you.

#3 andrewinlondon

andrewinlondon

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 01:34 PM

Hi,

If it's a Webasto you have, then you might like to call Andy at Surrey Sunroofs - ph: 07831 694 108 who is an authorised supplier and installer of Webasto sunroofs.

Cheers,

#4 corky morris

corky morris

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 05:36 PM

Unfortunately its a Rover sunroof. The motor is at the rear, where as the Webasto is at the front. I have tried all the usual people & the scrap yards with no luck. I have now tried Halfords (Thanks Rob) as well as 3 different Rover Dealers. I hope nobody else has this problem as it appears that nobody has any & that they are not made anymore, not even copies.

#5 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 18 January 2005 - 10:19 PM

Have you tried companies who make Mini's into convertibles? (Keiths convertibles, Custom Autofashion etc.) They take a lot of roofs off and so presumably have lots of roof furniture to dispose of.
Other than that I can only suggest M+Ms who are a dedicated Mini / Metro scrapyard or MegaModz for Mini's who break a lot of newish cars too. But I guess you have already tried these.

Are you sure the Rover full length sunroof wasn't made by Webasto? Just because it is a different design doesn't mean they didn't make it and would have spares for it. Webasto Hollandia make something like 80% of the factory fit sunroofs used by all manufacturers, and I am certain they make the roofs for other Rovers.

#6 corky morris

corky morris

Starting My Mini Up

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 20 January 2005 - 04:15 PM

Dan, you are in fact right, Webasto did make the sunroofs, but did not fit them it was done on the production line. I have spoke to a guy who did the original deal who has informed me that I am VERY unlikely to get the part. He even suggested that a replacement roof may be needed if its essential i have a wind deflector as the new webasto roofs are narrower than the rover fitted ones.
I am trying various breajers yard search engines & Rover dealers again as I have the old part number & they may be able to dig one out from somewhere.
Thanks for your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users