2 replies to this topic

#1 ga2davt

ga2davt

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 01:43 PM

Hello ... are you a "man with an old Mini" or a "old man with a Mini" or both?  

May I introduce myself as both ... I had Mini's in my youth and now I'm nearing 50 years young, I've just got a 1988 Mini City E... It is MOT'd, has good paint and no rust breaking through the paint, but it has had bodged repairs in the past, with filler and glass-fibre where there should be steel.. The sub frames and underside are not properly protected with thick underseal and rust underneath .. 

I bought it because I enjoy working on cars, rather than driving them and understood that it needed about six months of work, getting it ready for Spring next year and some car shows. 

Thankfully I have a MIG, compressor and rollover jig so got tools but not as much skill to go with it .. :-) 

#2 73MkIII

73MkIII

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:33 PM

Nice intro. I am slightly younger than you but make up for that with a mini that is slightly older that yours. I also have the intention of improving my skill set (read clueless in this regard) but am already enjoying the journey to a rebuild.

Good luck with the City, start a thread because we all love photos of the jobs you are getting into.

#3 Wise Old Elf

Wise Old Elf

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,655 posts
  • Local Club: Club Lotus

Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:31 PM

Welcome fellow Essex ‘boy’. I am also young @45. :)

Jason

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users