31 replies to this topic

#1 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 07:14 PM

Hi there. I mentioned this idea to chris allanson at MITP and i think he might be interested but not sure. Basically i wondered if any of you would be interested in a trip for a long weekend to the Nurburgring (Nordschliefe)? I haven't thought of any particular date yet as i thought i'd just see if any of you are interested. I've been a couple of times before on my R1 and in my car (Golf GTi not mini!). For those that have never been it is truly an amazing experience that is very addictive. You'd love it i'm sure. My car isn't built yet either so i need to get on with it!

Thanks

Tommy

#2 steve-h

steve-h

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 08:01 PM

A group of Zcars minis to the ring sounds like a bitchin idea, I would definately be up for that.

Steve

Edited by steve-h, 28 August 2007 - 08:02 PM.

#3 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 29 August 2007 - 05:01 AM

Thats one then up for it. Once the 2008 calender is done for the 'ring' then we can look at dates and accomodation. Easter is always a good one. Its busy but still perfectly drivable.

#4 MiniMrMan

MiniMrMan

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 143 posts
  • Local Club: HEY Mini Owners Club

Posted 01 September 2007 - 11:40 AM

Count me in. sounds like fun. I was going to do something like this next year anyway. I think it would be reet good fun with loads of Zers!

#5 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 01 September 2007 - 09:52 PM

I been thinking about this and just a few things spring to mind to start off with, Luggage space for your gear & tent etc as there aint no room in a z cars mini!!(I didnt really fancy fitting a roof rack or box !!
I just about got a small rucksack with a few sandwhiches in behind my seat on a local run and they were heated up a treat so must remember to pack some meat pies next time.
Spare wheel and jack?
Or just have one (FAST) support vehicle to put it all in??
Maybe a few spare chains as its around 600 mile each way for me to the ring!!

Cheers

#6 dean_chad

dean_chad

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 733 posts

Posted 01 September 2007 - 10:50 PM

Ive never been but by the sounds of thinks it would be alll good! count me in for next year then, mines not far off now! going for paint next month fingers crossed

#7 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 08:37 PM

My friend will more than likely come too in my golf so there will be plenty of room with the rear seats down for luggage and all that for several people. We're probably better off staying in a hotel rather than camping as they are fairly cheap and it means less luggage i.e tents etc. Oh and they have bars!! Do you all fancy easter weekend as its a long one so more track time and relaxing or is another weekend better? Once i know this i will enquire into hotel, ferry etc to give you an estimated total cost including laps etc. It really is the nuts!!

#8 steve-h

steve-h

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:02 PM

I am self employed so can make it anytime, as long as i get some notice. Hotel sounds better than camping.

Steve

#9 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:37 PM

Just done it. See the Brands Hatch to Nurburgring forum. All I can say is: Driving a Z Cars mini to the Ring is not a pleasant experience. We had massive problems with fuel. Had to keep stopping and getting people's cans out to help. It would be worth getting a bigger tank made. Otherwise if you do the E22 route, or any of the E routes you're going to run out of petrol because filling stations are few and far between. Putting up with the noise from the Vtech was a *Female doggy* as well. I know most of you run bike engines but I doubt that's much better. Take ear defenders or plugs. A support vehicle will be essential. We had a roof rack which is sort of cute but also very silly. But even then you're down to the bare mninimum for camping if thats' what you plan to do. And, on this occasion, the bare minimum was not adequate. If it hadn't been for the others with lots more equipment we'd have been miserable.
Having said that driving the car on the Ring is an experience like no other. It scared the ******* out of me and I never lost the nervousness but it was amazing. Also the level of interest the car generated was fantastic. Every time we stopped people gathered around the car. Porsches and Ferraris and what not in the car park and everyone was around the mini. Let's do it.

Malc Di

#10 supermotolee

supermotolee

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,120 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:47 PM

how about a promotive car? can i come? i promis not to gloat about my boot and space behind my seats lol i'l still need ear plugs as mines bloody noisey lol

oh and Malc and Di sorry to read about you incident hope all is well and the cars fixable....

#11 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:51 PM

Why dont you guys come on the BH2N run next year??

Your more than welcome to join us.

#12 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:01 PM

Why dont you guys come on the BH2N run next year??

Your more than welcome to join us.

I second that. You will never meet a nicer bunch of people and if Bounce continues to develop his *artistic* talents you will never be more entertained :D

#13 Malc and Di

Malc and Di

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

how about a promotive car? can i come? i promis not to gloat about my boot and space behind my seats lol i'l still need ear plugs as mines bloody noisey lol

oh and Malc and Di sorry to read about you incident hope all is well and the cars fixable....

Thanks mate. She's going to be fine. She attempted a complicated early exit out of the Karussell and grounded the mini. How the hell she even had time to think about getting a better line out of it I'll never know. When I went round it I just put my foot down and hung on. I think she's bottomed it where the concrete meets the tarmac. Brave girl.

#14 Barnett

Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 06 September 2007 - 06:26 AM

I just about got a small rucksack with a few sandwhiches in behind my seat on a local run and they were heated up a treat so must remember to pack some meat pies next time.

Cheers

LMAO!!

Id never been in a rocket before!! till Di took me in camp freddie to 120mph and back!!

If you are all very serious about doing a the run id consider getting trailers and going from there, must be mad with all that noise...its ok short term ( just ask me id tell ya ) :D

Danke!! :D

Attached Files

Edited by Barnett, 06 September 2007 - 07:06 AM.

#15 TimS

TimS

Mini Doctor

• Members
  • 2,712 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:50 AM

I ran a support vehicle for a group of Elises this year and had a great time. Took a Leon FR TDi 150bhp so keeping up wasnt bad and we made it there on just one tank of fuel. Would be more happy to do it again if you needed a supprt vehicle good up to 140mph :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users