#18 hotdog

hotdog

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • Local Club: stringfellows !

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:45 PM

I WAS WORKING AT THE RING 2 WEEKS AGO,I WOULD RECOMMEND STAYING AT THE TIER GARDEN HOTEL OR THE MOTORSPORT HOTEL IN NURBERG, IF YOU DO YOU MUST HAVE THE ARGENTINIAN STEAK AT THE TIER RESTURANT YOU WILL THANK ME FOREVER.AS I WAS WORKING I NEVER GOT THE CHANCE TO DRIVE THE NORD BUT I WAS A PASSENGER IN A 8 SEATER VW HIRE BUS,WE MANAGED TO GET AROUND IN ELEVEN MINUTES WITH 8 PASSENGERS ON BOARD!!!!!!!!!!(LOTS OF SCREAMING UNTILL THE SAFTEY GADGET ON THE VAN CUT IN THANK GOD)
ALSO TAKE LOTS OF NUROFEN BITBURGER TERRITORY.

#19 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 06 September 2007 - 09:51 PM

Due to the dissapointment of myself not getting my Minus ready in time for BH2N 2007 I suggested that a group of us go back early next year, and as above, I suggested Easter sometime, however as has been pointed out to me, the weather could still be rather tempremental at this time, and the 'Ring is NOT a nice place to be in the wet!! Of course there are the points that Malc has made, the biggest problem I think being the luggage, not so bad if we stay in a hotel and you guys don't have to take tents! Charlie got to talking to someone who works in a hotel just up the road from the 'Ring and it sounds like he could sort us out with a group discount, so that could be an avenue to explore.

As Barnett says, BH2N 2008 is always a great opportunity for you guys. I'm going to suggest a couple of changes, which if taken on board may make it much easier for guys with limited luggage space. I'm also going to look at getting Z Cars involved in BH2N 2008, but I'll talk to Chris about that later.

#20 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:56 PM

I feared the limited amount of luggage space would be an issue witht he zcars minis plus the noise thing is a bit of an issue,
I would personally prefer to take my mini on a trailer to the ring as it would be easy going drivin the 1200 mile round trip.
However it isnt really in the spirit of the event but the end result which is what we all go for would be worth it in my opinion as next year my car will be in full race spec but still road legal (Just!!!)
How does everyone else feel about this, plus if anything happens to my car, im not stranded in Germany or Hithin a lift home Via AA.

Cheers

#21 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:20 AM

If your going to race your car, trailer it.caus you can then have it race prepared, tires, etc. and have a ride home if it has any trouble. If your going to spectate and camp out, etc. then drive it. Thats what we do here in the states. saves a lot of head aches with a trailer..

#22 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:18 AM

You may as well just come on the brands hatch to Nurburgring run, no need to have just a z cars run.

#23 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 11:55 AM

You may as well just come on the brands hatch to Nurburgring run, no need to have just a z cars run.

I wasnt bothered which run we all went on to be honest but i would prefer to trailer it there really.

Cheers

#24 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 12:04 PM

If your going to race your car, trailer it.caus you can then have it race prepared, tires, etc. and have a ride home if it has any trouble. If your going to spectate and camp out, etc. then drive it. Thats what we do here in the states. saves a lot of head aches with a trailer..

The car still has to be road legal to go round the 'ring. Sometimes the marshals get funny about cut slicks.

#25 gizmo

gizmo

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 03:19 PM

very sorry,should have mentioned every single aspect of owning, driveing a mini but we,or he, was talking about weather to trailer his car. dah....

#26 Bounce

Bounce

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,197 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:41 PM

Sorry, I didnt mean any offence to anyone. I just read 'race prepared' and just thought id mention it because in my mind race prepared means slicks etc....

Its just that some people dont realise that the car has to be road legal to go round the 'ring.

Sorry for and confusion.

#27 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:14 PM

Sorry, I didnt mean any offence to anyone. I just read 'race prepared' and just thought id mention it because in my mind race prepared means slicks etc....

Its just that some people dont realise that the car has to be road legal to go round the 'ring.

Sorry for and confusion.

A048's it is then.
Should be ok otherwise as its uk road legal anyway with the road tyres fitted.
Any objections to convoying with mini on the trailer??

#28 tommycrf450

tommycrf450

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 07:30 PM

Hi, I've just been reading all the replies. I agree with the trailering thing. Thats what i'm gonna do as i like to go for it when i'm there and its peace of mind for me. I don't see any problem with driving it except for the noise!

I have been for the last two easters and both times the weather has been good but who knows.

As for luggage, as i've put before i can organise a car or my sprinter van to take all the luggage. Especially as i will be towing with either my golf or van anyway. I 've got no problems with taking anyones spares, fuel etc.

I'd love to see that pro-motive r1 going round. A friend of mine is looking at building one at the mo.

Through past experience i recommend getting a date sorted soon as the hotels get booked up real quick, like a year or so in advance sometimes.

Anyway, i'm ready to book whenever. Oh and i'll be going to the brands hatch to ring next year as well.

Thanks

Tom

#29 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 07 September 2007 - 09:21 PM

I plan to trailer mine next year. The vtec managed to pack loads! with a roof rack, but mine has no roof gutter so thats not an option for me. I can't see anyone objecting if we all bring a load of mini spares and tools, we can be the support vehicles as suggested.

#30 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 10:20 PM

For those of you who are looking at trailoring their minis on BH2N, we'll have to look into costs first...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users