#1816 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:10 PM

Just measured the ground-clearance on the Buzzwagon. Spot on 4 inches :w00t: . More by luck than judgement.

How much travel have you got at the front as us mini subframe owners cant run as low as the tubular subframe guys without bottoming out on the front top arms.
How much clearance do you have inbetween the top arm bracket and the frame as i can just get my finger in between it???

Cheers

Edited by markrally73, 08 September 2006 - 09:10 PM.

#1817 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:26 PM

My front subby is far from standard, nor are my top mounts :w00t: I spent quite a while with an angle grinder and a welder, as it became obvious early on that I wasn't going to achieve what I wanted without some mod's.

If I hadn't made any mod's the top arm would be more or less in contact with the bump-stop platform (with the bump-stop removed) at this ride height!

How much fun are these things on roundabouts? I cannot simply turn off at my designated exit without at least one complete circuit first- most of it sideways!

Forgot to mention the amount of travel. Just about enough. Bit vague I know, but I only get any bottoming out over extremely large bumps/pot holes. It seems no amount of bouncing up and down on the front subframe while the car is static can replicate "real World" conditions

#1818 R1minimagic

R1minimagic

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,658 posts

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:28 PM

So did you just cut the bumpstop part out of the subframe? What about the springs hitting the inner wings?

#1819 markrally

markrally

Z Cars

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts
  • Local Club: Miniaddicts.co.uk

Posted 08 September 2006 - 09:39 PM

So did you just cut the bumpstop part out of the subframe? What about the springs hitting the inner wings?

No contact with the innerwing??? He must have altered the brackets slightly??
Havnt had chance to chop the subframe yet as i cant stop drivin it!!!!

Cheers

#1820 Dick Dastardly

Dick Dastardly

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 September 2006 - 09:46 AM

Yes, I cut the bump-stop part of the subframe away, and re- hashed the upper and lower shock mounts to move the shock body further outboard away from the inner wings. The main limitation as to how low I can run now is the angle of the upper arm and it's effect on geometry/bumpsteer etc.

I agree with Mark though. It's difficult taking the car off the road for any amount of time long enough to do any work on it :w00t:

Really must get the driveshaft off this weekend, but the weather's nice......

#1821 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 12:32 AM

hi ade, im about to get my carbon arches,i like yours ! are your arches showing the weave ,or the gel coat ones?, also are they wide or extra wide? thanks

#1822 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

hi ade, im about to get my carbon arches,i like yours ! are your arches showing the weave ,or the gel coat ones?, also are they wide or extra wide? thanks

Ade can't reply because he's busy doing something silly in Scotland so i'll do it for him (see post in general chat).
Extra wide curly with weave showing.

#1823 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 06:25 PM

thanks pete!

#1824 ryan69

ryan69

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 859 posts

Posted 10 September 2006 - 09:45 PM

Hey Ade it looks like someone hacked your site?

#1825 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:43 PM

yeah really annoying bloody hackers, i still havnt seen the video clips either.

#1826 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 12 September 2006 - 09:36 PM

bloody bummers

#1827 adyzr1

adyzr1

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 13 September 2006 - 08:25 PM

cant beleive the hackers have used , the same green as ades mini, talk about insult to injury, i hat these nerds, they have even put there geeky names, reminds me of geeks at school GEEEEEEEEEEEKKKS!!!!!!!!

#1828 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:33 PM

Fecking scum!! Tis my mate who hosted the site for me and they've hacked loads of his other sites aswell!! Causing him all sorts of grief!! Feckers!! >;D

#1829 BenMcMin

BenMcMin

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:47 PM

Dude sorry to hear that, especially as i was on the phone to my girlfriend and was sending her to your site. Then when it wasn't up i sent her to the forums - she loves your car lol, and i must say she's got good taste ;D

Hows the car?

#1830 mini abs

mini abs

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 15 September 2006 - 08:50 PM

Yup yup I do love that mini!! ;D

(almost as much as you benny)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users