#1831 Sioux

Sioux

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 06:38 AM

hey ade

i recently stumbled across this site and have been reading the non-mini engined forum for days now. and i must say that your build has inspired me to start my own :dontgetit: :dozing:

putting together a plan at the moment, more of a mud map really. but i was just curious as to what wheels/tires you are using, and where you got them from. as well as your brake setup

might not be making the bike engine conversion very soon though :'( money constraints will make it hard just to get a mini and make it anywhere near as good as yours ! :D :ph34r:

#1832 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 20 September 2006 - 08:07 AM

Well thankyou very much, as much as i love it it will be going in the not too distant future :'(

But I try not too think about that for now.

The wheels are anthracite centered deepdished 7x13 superlights. With Yokohama 048R's medium compound. Fantastically sticky in the dry not great life or ability in the wet though :D

The rear brakes are the ones supplied with the z-cars kit the fronts are metro turbo 4 pots with vented discs. I've put on a KAD bias adjustable master cylinder to assist with the pedal feel.... All in all they're very good now!! :dontgetit:

#1833 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:32 PM

Well hello peeps.

Had a day of mixed feeling yesterday. Went for some filming to a certain mini dvd..... :proud:

I sensed the day wasn't going to go fully to plan when I was woken up at 0500 by the heavens opening!!! :'(

Well I got up at 0630 and made Pete a coffe :w00t: :w00t:

Then we pulled the minus out of the garage and headed for the track. After an hour or so of steady drive up we arrived first! Met Bill Sollis (very nice bloke by the way) and proceded to loiter. Some other mini's arrived and we were all a little gutted to see that the track was damp and it looked like it was in a cloud!!! :'(

The first lap out on the wet track no surprises to see the minus swapping end :bah: but as Bill got used to it it looked like a very tentative tip toe around as you could see every time he opened the throttle it was trying to step out...... So annoying the best part of the car normally (super responsiveness) was playing against it.

I don't want to say too much about the day as that's all for the upcoming dvd but it was an amusing day and After Bill got out of mine from the quicker laps the first thing he said was there's still time to come off of that but it was low on fuel so was starving the engine in some corners so he had to stop!!! Doh!!!

Had a bit of a problem when it came to the 0-60 stuff aswell so I don't think i recorded a time at all........ or if it did it wasn't at all impressive :'(

I'll try and post a few clips and pics soon that don't give away too much but look very fun!!

#1834 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 12:48 PM

You able to let us know the 0-60? I'd love for Bill to rag on of my minis around a track one day. Sounds great, even if it didn't go as well as you'd hoped!

#1835 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:09 PM

To be honest because of what happened the times were the last things i was thinking of. :'( ...... Don't worry nothing too serious...... Ironically the last one was the best launch but the run was aborted......... even with it aborted i think it was around 6secsish

#1836 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:12 PM

so what one are you keeping the minus or the wife ? :proud:

#1837 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 02:17 PM

Wife to be I'm afraid...... :proud: Minus will be for sale soonish..... :'(

#1838 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:39 PM

silly boy :proud:

#1839 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 03:42 PM

silly boy :proud:

And this is a suprise to you????? :w00t:

#1840 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 05:17 PM

As Ade won't say what happened then I will also refrain from letting you know what times the car did other than to say that when it dried up it didn't let itself down(even with it's fuel starvation due to lack of fuel).

And the little problem when it came to the 0-60 run, lets just say Ade was very EXHAUSTED by the end of the day :proud: .

#1841 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 06:57 PM

Hello,
What other minis were there, any other bike ones for instance?

Cheers
David

#1842 pete

pete

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 680 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 08:36 PM

The other cars there were
z-cars rear engined 2.0l type r
front engined fwd 1.8l type r
front engined fwd vauxhall 2.0l 16v

#1843 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 09:54 PM

Well there goes me trying not to say too much about the details of the day!! :w00t:

Really can't say anymore. :w00t:

#1844 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:11 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can't really see how slippy the track was but trust me it was chuffin slippy!! Mind you saying that you can't really see the car much!! :w00t:

Am trying to upload a little vid will see how it goes. :w00t:

#1845 ed4ran

ed4ran

Cadwell Event organiser

• TMF+ Member
  • 2,849 posts

Posted 11 October 2006 - 10:16 PM

Have you ever taken it over a speed bump? :w00t:
Did you get to go around the track by yourself, or as passenger?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users