1881 replies to this topic

#46 smudgersmb

smudgersmb

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 08:28 PM

I was just wondering if they have been tested to the same standards as the British ones, thats all. I have had a look at them and "accidentaly" dropped em on the floor and they didn't chip (or break) so seem solid enough.

Just wondering about the testing thats all.

Smudger.

Will post in the morning for you.

#47 binge

binge

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,508 posts

Posted 03 February 2005 - 09:23 PM

Yea, the R1 mini I saw, the exhaust came straight through the boot lid :cool:

It was also BLOODY quick. And also has mega steering as its rear wheel drive so the torque on the front steering is amazing! :lol:

<|Binge|>

#48 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:40 AM

Ok, shoot me if I'm being dumb (I won't live to regret saying that, I can see!!!) but what exactly is a minus?!

#49 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 09:56 AM

Minus was a company who made Fibre glass bodyshells for Minis. They did a couple of others I think but the one I've got is the more common one.

It's almost exactly the same as a normal mini except they've removed 6" out of the height of the car but managed to do it all under the window line. But cleverly have managed to keep the bootlid and other items the same size (except doors).

It has no seams so looks very nice. It's amazing how small it looks when parked next to a normal mini.... :lol:

Maybe Al could get a picture of his next to a normal mini to show the difference.

Ade

#50 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:01 AM

Yea, the R1 mini I saw, the exhaust came straight through the boot lid :cool:

It was also BLOODY quick. And also has mega steering as its rear wheel drive so the torque on the front steering is amazing! :lol:

<|Binge|>

Your right it is chuffin quick!! Thats the car I've been out in. I'm hopeing that mine being a Minus will be a fair bit lighter so will be at least as quick if not quicker :grin:

Plus the engine on that one is the carbed R1 and I've managed to get the injection version so am hopeing for maybe a touch more power... WIll have to wait and see.

Ade

#51 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:02 AM

Wow, that sounds pretty cool, I can't think how they managed to remove 6" without shortening other parts! Maybe that pic would help. How much are these shells, I can imagine they're very rare?

#52 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 10:44 AM

Yeah they're a bit tricky to come by thats for sure.

I've only seen three for sale. One on E-bay that sold for about £2100. Mine which I got for £1500 (had some minor damage as you can see from the pics) and one for sale at Rally sport replicas. I think its about £3000 though. They also do parts for the Minus. The bloke there owns the first one that was ever made.

They've been very clever with the removal of the height. Alot of it is from the sill but then when you look at the back end compared to a normal Mini and compare the gap from the top of the bootlid to the bottom of the rear windscreen you'll start to see what they did.

Ade

#53 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:02 AM

So pretty in line with what a new heritage shell would cost. I think I can picture how they've done it now. Thanks for the help.

#54 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:11 AM

Ok, shoot me if I'm being dumb (I won't live to regret saying that, I can see!!!) but what exactly is a minus?!

BAG BAG......

Sorry had to do it my inner voice told me......

#55 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 04 February 2005 - 11:28 AM

BAG BAG......

BAG BAG?? What did you shoot him with your black leather handbag???? :grin: :grin: :lol:

#56 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 04 February 2005 - 01:23 PM

LOL. Handbags at 20 paces.

#57 F1 Mini

F1 Mini

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 583 posts

Posted 10 February 2005 - 09:52 AM

BAG BAG......

BAG BAG?? What did you shoot him with your black leather handbag???? :grin: :grin: :cry:

Oops must remember my on aplication of Beer do not post.......Spelling S***

#58 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:04 PM

Well I've aquired a few more bits and pieces. Some nice four point harnesses, grill clear rear headlights but I'm sure people have seen this sort of thing before.

But the good news is!!!!! Pete and myself are going to pick up the bodyshells Wednesday :grin:

So hopefully will post some pics up on Thursday. Well I'm a bit on the excited side of things (10yr old on christmas eve sort of thing going on) just looking forward to getting it back and getting on with things. :thumbsup:

Ade :cool:

#59 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 14 February 2005 - 01:59 PM

excellent ade get some pics up after the pick up!

#60 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 14 February 2005 - 02:02 PM

Will do.. I'll have to remember to charge the batteries for my camera!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users