#288 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,341 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey, MCR

Posted 27 July 2009 - 09:46 PM

A few more finishing touches they just arrived today..........

upper door chrome.............

Posted Image

and the shish do not tell traffic cops..................black and silver plates.............

Posted Image

Posted Image

........................... :thumbsup:

Edited by mk1leg, 27 July 2009 - 09:47 PM.

#289 janbie68

janbie68

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
  • Local Club: gone vigilante at the mo.

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:13 PM

Great spray job, nice and deep lookin, good luck with the build, if you come unstuck, don't dive in, have a cup of tea and go back later. :P WOW had to edit looks magic, always liked those Yoko's, how do they handle in the wet? Fantastic look, good luck. PS: You must get Black leather and steel Cooper steering wheel, that will finish the DB'S (mans nuts), Great to see. May I ask where you got the chrome trim for the top of the door frame from, and what £'s are we talkin?
Amazing job, have you got nothing else to do? LOL COOL. God bless you, I just read from earlier pages you had to sell the 1071 'S' for the house, that must have been tough, this is a great story and I hope you enjoy this Mini (John Cooper steering wheel or not) you have done a very clean and tidy job, with a lot of flare. Health to enjoy..........I started off commenting on the paint job then realised there were 20 more pages, big respect on what I have already read. ATTENTION to detail is class and seems so simplistic to do, which should teach us all. I appreciate there are many lads and girls out there who have to do a rapid project due to the mini being there only wheels and thats just as testing, and hard to finance. I would love to see this Mini at the Portrush show at the end of August, Northern Ireland will be a long treck, so I don't expect. What a superb job, only repeating what all the other member's have said. PSS: I know this is a long and edited message, but I would still like to know where you got the upper door frame chrome trim from. Many thanks Janek Biernat.

Edited by janbie68, 29 July 2009 - 12:06 AM.

#290 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:28 PM

Looks fantastic.
Are going for any rear badges?

I tend to agree about the steering wheel too, although the feel of the later cooper steering wheel is good.

#291 janbie68

janbie68

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 28 July 2009 - 10:54 PM

Looks fantastic.
Are going for any rear badges?

I tend to agree about the steering wheel too, although the feel of the later cooper steering wheel is good.

Yes i have that one sir, still standard. I'm refering to the 90's John Cooper black leather and steel wheel, rare and enough bucks, but it would set her off totally and should feel even better. Cheers. My Cooper has walnut cappings from previous owner so I will have to go for wooden John Cooper steering wheel, which I'm still searching for and lookin forward to finding some day soon. Health and happiness.

Edited by janbie68, 28 July 2009 - 11:01 PM.

#292 miniallsort

miniallsort

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,723 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 12:22 PM

THIS LOOKS GREAT NICE JOB

#293 Checkie

Checkie

Just On Tickover

• Noobies
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 03:09 PM

man, great job. Thats an awesome mini, but the only thing i would change is the spotlights. They are too modern. I would go for the old monte carlo spotlights, but thats my opinion.

Good luck and i hope i will see you on IMM2009.

cheers

#294 MiNi FiZ

MiNi FiZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Local Club: The Matt Black Rat Pack

Posted 29 July 2009 - 04:23 PM

a nice vintage bonnet badge would suit it nicely!

#295 lewis

lewis

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,322 posts
  • Local Club: Mini Club Jersey

Posted 29 July 2009 - 08:21 PM

looks perfect mark im gutted i didnt see it with the trim and arches on, but il be back mid august so il be looking forward to it!

what date is the club leaving for england? will send you a message before you all go :thumbsup:

#296 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,341 posts

Posted 29 July 2009 - 10:37 PM

many thanks for the support guys and chrome upper trim is from minispares £20 ea.... spots are for now till I can afford orignals £100 ea last pr went for on fleecebay.....and steering wheel will be a JC wood rim........and Lewis we leave next thurs 6th august at 9pm..........so see you when you get back from Canada have a great time .......... :-

#297 janbie68

janbie68

Passed Test

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 12:23 AM

many thanks for the support guys and chrome upper trim is from minispares £20 ea.... spots are for now till I can afford orignals £100 ea last pr went for on fleecebay.....and steering wheel will be a JC wood rim........and Lewis we leave next thurs 6th august at 9pm..........so see you when you get back from Canada have a great time .......... :-

Thanks for info on door trims and let us know where you get the JC wooden Wheel from, best wishes, good luck Jan.

#298 mymini007

mymini007

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,046 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 10:55 AM

autosolve chrome polish................ :-

How did you do it? By hand, or did you use a spinney thingy? Have tried to do mine, with a rough abrasive polish and then autoglym chrome polish by hand, but the resulsts are not as good as yours. How long did it take you?

#299 mk1leg

mk1leg

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 9,341 posts

Posted 30 July 2009 - 02:46 PM

autosolve chrome polish................ :-

How did you do it? By hand, or did you use a spinney thingy? Have tried to do mine, with a rough abrasive polish and then autoglym chrome polish by hand, but the resulsts are not as good as yours. How long did it take you?

well a lot of elbow grease, soapy water 600-800-1000-1500 wet and dry paper then polish........... :wub:

#300 mrmoo

mrmoo

Stage One Kit Fitted

• Noobies
  • PipPipPip
  • 56 posts
  • Local Club: Causeway Coast Mini Club

Posted 01 August 2009 - 11:05 PM

Just went through this thread page by page, it's an amazing build, the attention to detail is unbelievable, hats off to you, very well done, enjoy driving it and showing it off......Respect...!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users