2 replies to this topic

#1 John H

John H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 16 September 2007 - 08:50 PM

picked up my spi friday. what a bloody laugh it is to drive!

however started to sort some of the wiring out as it had a wire running all the way through the car for the fuel pump due to the feed in the loom being faulty,
then ripped out 19ft of unused wire from an old alarm immobiliser. finally got all that sorted out. not going to tackle the masses of orange wire yet which has been used to reroute all the rover inline fuses to another fuse box.

so went out for a test drive and the car was spluttering and farting and missfiring lit a beyatch. so i thought b******s something i have done has naffed this up. so checked all the vac pipes and sensors. re-crimped half of the wires i have changed and re-routed.

turns out the bloody coil was knackered! seems wierd that it just went like that.

my question is what coil should i buy as the one what was on it was an old ducellier coil which i dont believe was right anyway.

#2 Sprocket

Sprocket

Great on Injection faults

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,266 posts
  • Local Club: Manchester Minis

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:02 AM

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=36483

I believe the Ducelier is actualy the standard item

Edited by Mini Sprocket, 17 September 2007 - 11:03 AM.

#3 John H

John H

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 768 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

http://www.minispare....aspx?pid=36483

I believe the Ducelier is actualy the standard item

thanks sprocket already ordered.

just got to sort all the wiring out. was thinking of buying a second hand loom and using the correct colour wiring to replace the orange wire extending my loom so that i can trace everthing easily and installing a single larger blade fuse box. does this sound like a good idea?

John

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users