#1 Neb

Neb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Local Club: Classic Minis United

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:43 PM

I was wondering, are the Z Cars legal and/or available in the USA? I was curious myself and I know of a few other people searching for the answere. Are there any Z Car importers/dealer in the States or does one have to go all the back to zcar.org.uk?

#2 Ade

Ade

the bogie man

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,357 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:48 PM

As far as I'm aware there are no official importers etc of Z-cars. It would simply be a case of buying from them in the UK and having it shipped.

There are a couple of guys on here who are from the States and building z-cars minis. So they would be a good place to start.

I'm fairly sure that if you bought a mini registered more than 25 years ago it can be imported with no fuss. Even if it has been converted to a Z-cars mini.

It just so happens that my 1975 fibreglass mini with a z-cars R1 conversion is up for sale at the moment :dontgetit: :!:

#3 Neb

Neb

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • Local Club: Classic Minis United

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:52 PM

Well for me right now it's a curiosity thing. I'm looking into buying my first mini and the wife nor the bank account will let me go as far as a Zcar conversion right now. But I will pass any info I can get on to the guys who are looking for one now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users