*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,039 posts
  • Local Club: Brighton

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hey

Im having my bedroom decorated (first time in YEARS) and I am in need of inspiration!! I really want something nice and modern, but have no ideas. Anyone here got a nice, modern room they could show?

When I was younger I used to share a room with my sister, but when I got older we wanted separate ones. My dad put a stud wall up so we could have one small room each. Then, 4ish years ago my brother moved up north, and my sister got his big room. I was left with the two little rooms, which was quite cool to have two rooms. But my dad said that for my 18th (which was in Feb) he'd knock down the wall and make it into one big room. Now he has left work, he has been starting on it this week! Infact, he's been working on it just 2 days and has already done a lot!!

Im thinking about having brown and cream colours, and I'm getting a double bed :) as now it will fit.

But i have no inspiration as to how to decorate it, and Im meant to be designing it. Please, all you arty people, help :)

:w00t:

Rachel xXx

Ps, sorry, completely not mini related or anything but hey

#2 Natalie

Natalie

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,956 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:19 AM

Im thinking about having brown and cream colours,

That's the colours of my living room :) One wall is coffee cream and the other three are antique cream :)

Our bedroom is the colour of Polyfilla Smooth Over :w00t:

#3 tomsbluemini

tomsbluemini

My Blue little monster

• Area Managers
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,498 posts
  • Local Club: LSMOC / Kentish

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:25 AM

airbrush a mini on the ceiling :w00t:

I've always wanted to do that...

ooh - Double bed... i'm getting one of those too :)

Tom

#4 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:28 AM

Anyone here got a nice, modern room they could show?

*sits back and waits for hundreds of 'I could show you my bedroom' posts* :w00t:

#5 Harry Beaver

Harry Beaver

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

I have very light walls (nearly white) except for the wall behind the headboard that is a darker browny colour.

Browny carpet & 15 recessed halogen downlightlwers in the ceiling, it's very light & airy.

The key with a bedroom is to keep it calming to aid sleep, as little clutter as possible.

#6 onzaash

onzaash

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:30 AM

ah im in exactly the same situation.. all the inspiration you get.. im gonna steal!! hahahhaha =D

#7 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,379 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:31 AM

If you're getting a double bed perhaps some sound deadening panels would be a good idea?

#8 CooperTrooper

CooperTrooper

One Carb Or Two?

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,192 posts
  • Local Club: Sheffield Mini Club

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:34 AM

go bright colurs, i find it helps me get up in the morning when the room is actually brighter! (or maybe you dont want to get up lol)

#9 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:34 AM

Im thinking about having brown and cream colours,

That's the colours of my living room :thumbsup: One wall is coffee cream and the other three are antique cream :)

Our bedroom is the colour of Polyfilla Smooth Over :w00t:

awesome, yea I was thinking about doing opposite walls to eachother!!

airbrush a mini on the ceiling :(

I've always wanted to do that...

ooh - Double bed... i'm getting one of those too :)

Tom

I was, going to do that. I was going to have a painting of my red mini one side of my bed and a painting of my black mini the other side, but I dont think it will fit, and what If i dont like minis when Im older (unlikely :P )

Yay for double beds!! :)

Anyone here got a nice, modern room they could show?

*sits back and waits for hundreds of 'I could show you my bedroom' posts* :ph34r:

We'll have none of that in my thread :)

Infact I was thinking about turning this into a project thread for my room!! :) since everyone else has mini project threads which i dont have (yet- until I start work on my Audi TT engine in Monty project :ermm: )

But seriously, I am really in need of inspiration. I want it to have as much room as possible. Depending on budget I might get a flat screen TV.

Rach x

#10 black jack1275

black jack1275

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 276 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:39 AM

[The key with a bedroom is to keep it calming to aid sleep, as little clutter as possible.
[/quote]
Tell that to my misses, if i stand on her hair dryer once more i will :w00t: kick it out the window

#11 Barnett

Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:40 AM

depends...if you want to chill out there take greeen and creme, if you want a cold feeling then blue, if you want big time sexy feeeling try bright red with one black wall, that will knock your sex life up a bit, with that you could add Eurasian brass lamps and persian carpets...

Does the sun shine in your room??? dont do coffee and beige, looks very gruby!!

Now terrcotta and a mild creme looks the part, and sets the mood...

how big is your roooom??

#12 *Raz*

*Raz*

PC Hands

• Members
  • 4,039 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

I have very light walls (nearly white) except for the wall behind the headboard that is a darker browny colour.

Browny carpet & 15 recessed halogen downlightlwers in the ceiling, it's very light & airy.

The key with a bedroom is to keep it calming to aid sleep, as little clutter as possible.

Yea, thats what my mum said. She said ''why not have it like an off white colour, like we have in the living room'' I said ''we have a white living room? I thought it was green'' :)

Ive got laminate flooring already, which Im keeping and going to re lay it neater, but might get a lil carpet!

If you're getting a double bed perhaps some sound deadening panels would be a good idea?

Ethel!! None of that please!! :)

go bright colurs, i find it helps me get up in the morning when the room is actually brighter! (or maybe you dont want to get up lol)

To be honest, NOTHING can get me up in the morning. Im like the worst morning person ever :w00t:

#13 Harry Beaver

Harry Beaver

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:41 AM

Yay for double beds!! :w00t:

Rach x

Oh you dirty bugger

#14 Purple Tom

Purple Tom

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • 4,921 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:43 AM

Hey Raz.

We decorated Jenny's room last christmas. Its two-tone brown and cream, with chocolate brown curtains and lightly coloured laminate flooring.

The colour is split into two halves, brown on the bottom half, cream on the top half with a funky browny/creamy/purpley border splitting them up.

We did it on a tight budget, so its not amazing, but it looks really nice, its a 'warm' room to be in if you know what I mean, and the laminate flooring is nice as well, not too cold. We were really proud of it because we did it all ourselves! :w00t: (even the flooring!)

We can get a couple of pictures if you want? The room isn't very big but it makes it look bigger (it used to be a deep red colour and felt smaller then).

Anyway, hope that helps!!

Tom

#15 Barnett

Barnett

Michael Jackson has died...*plop*

• Members
  • 3,395 posts
  • Local Club: the freeeeloader!!

Posted 05 October 2007 - 09:43 AM

" Are you really a Man??? "

1 user(s) are reading this topic