3 replies to this topic

#1 pierce

pierce

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 06:12 PM

would a nikki carb be any good on a 1098 with 731 cam 12G295 head and single box exhaust

#2 Dan

Dan

On Sabbatical

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,354 posts

Posted 15 February 2005 - 07:18 PM

Nikki Carbs work fantastically when left in their original packaging, on the shelf, in the shop. No way near as good an instrument as a SU.

#3 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 16 February 2005 - 09:15 AM

PML.... Found my old Vizard book on Friday, and spent most of the last days reading it again.... the bit on carbs was most interesting, especially when looking at the flow capabilities of the SU vs a webber

For the street engine, the SU in what every guise HIF or HS, is perfectly capable of delivering att the carbeuration you need..

Stick with the SU !

#4 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 16 February 2005 - 10:16 AM

Yea, I'v just changed from 45 DCOE webbers to the HIFF44 Su on my 1425, I found in the cold, the webbers were putting more of a strain on the starter motor when trying to fire her up and they weren't really as responsive (maybe they needed a tune?!). Anyway, I'm picking the car up tonight after having the SU fitted so I'll find out tonight what the difference is, I'm keeping the webbers for track days though! Castle Combe here we come!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users