170 replies to this topic

#16 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 11:33 AM

Got the rear subframe off, and most things off the back end, found a bit more rust than i expected, but its not too bad, also had a go at offereing up my curley boot floor, to see where abouts i need to cut.

Posted Image

Posted Image

now i need to find a new drill(as mines broken0, so i can drill out the spot welds on the rear valance.

#17 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:27 PM

Whjat you gonna do about the battery box mike? is the battery going inside the car? backseat?

#18 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 08:29 PM

Yeah, the battery is going behind the passenger seat on the floor of the car. I've made up a battery box in ally to cover the battery when its fitted.

#19 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:24 PM

Took the loom out of the car today, and had a go at removing the alarm and immobiliser from it, and making just an engine loom out of it.
Posted Image
Hopefully when ive finished il have another loom for the lights and all the interior electrics and a 3rd loom for the rear of the car (petrol tank,etc)

#20 Pie

Pie

Crazy About Mini's

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,695 posts
  • Local Club: GoGoAuto

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:38 PM

mike.....Why lol

I wouldnt have the patience to do that, fair play to you.

#21 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 02:50 PM

Why? because it saves me plenty pennies instead of buying a custom loom, and im trying to move as many electrics out of the engine bay as possible, so this way, only the engine wiring will be seen. The rest - fusebox, lighting loom will be inside the car and the lighting loom will only seen on the inside of the flip front.

Can stand loads of wires.

#22 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 03:32 PM

Today i didnt get alot done as i had to go out but i did get the rear hinge panel cut out and found a bit more rust than i expected.

On the bright side though i got myself a bargain on ebay yesterday and went to pick it up today.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Set of mikuni carbs off a kawasaki zx6r, for the huge sum of £10, pleased is not the word. Will ring bogg brothers up on monday, to see if i can have a manifold made up.

Mike

Edited by RacingGreen, 01 December 2007 - 03:37 PM.

#23 James182

James182

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 01 December 2007 - 06:46 PM

wow those carbs are gorgeous!!! >_< me wanty soooo much! Great project to....carbon boot floor, ive never heard of that being done before? heard of roof skins etc....Love it!! good luck with it!

James

#24 blister

blister

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:31 PM

get those carbs on the car i want to see what is happenin with this thread more pics more comments please!

#25 minipete

minipete

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts
  • Local Club: East Yorkshire MOC.

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:45 PM

Yo Mr Racing Green,are you using all four carbs?You may find that the carbs from a Ninja 6xr are a little small,mine has twins from a 900cc Kawazaki,it goes like F***.

#26 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:49 PM

get those carbs on the car i want to see what is happenin with this thread more pics more comments please!

Il be sending the carbs off for the manifold to be made, when ive got some money after christmas, so hopefully things will mover along then, as thats hopefully when il order my front end too.

Yo Mr Racing Green,are you using all four carbs?You may find that the carbs from a Ninja 6xr are a little small,mine has twins from a 900cc Kawazaki,it goes like F***.

i was only planning on using two of the carbs. I did have a think about bigger carbs, but i decided on these as the engine will be a 998 with a 1275 head. So i would have thought that these would be big enough for what i need. I take it your engine is a larger bore?

Mike

#27 minipete

minipete

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

Mike its a 1380,manifolds and carbs by Bogg Bros,tuned by Dr Bogg himself! :thumbsup:

#28 RacingGreen

RacingGreen

Up Into Fourth

• Traders
  • 2,111 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:07 PM

Mike its a 1380,manifolds and carbs by Bogg Bros,tuned by Dr Bogg himself! :thumbsup:

Thanks for that, yeah its bogg brothers i'd spoken too, he will be sorting my carbs out in the new year. Seems like he definately knows what hes talking about.

#29 samwell

samwell

Camshaft & Stage Two Head

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • Local Club: SC Spammers

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:25 AM

very nice. Are you going to get him to make up 2 manifolds? may be cheaper and then you can sell the other manifold with the 2carbs u don't use... just a suggestion

#30 minipete

minipete

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 458 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:31 PM

All three Definatley know what they are talking about.I won`t let anyone else tune my Mini or my Dads.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users