my cooper was only £6000 new

#18 sparkymini

sparkymini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

hmmm interesting, if i was buying anything and i thought something untowards was going on, i.e. getting people to bid it up, i'd be a little concerned about the honesty of the seller, which would make me wonder if anything else was up.

Scamming is a perfectly acceptable word used to describe deception, which is exactly what you are doing.

#19 The Matt

The Matt

You don't escape that easily.....

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,229 posts
  • Name: Matt
  • Local Club: Welsh Border Minis

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:25 PM

what the hell?

At what point has he asked anyone on this thread to bid on it for him?

Jesus Christ people get a life! All he's done is said that his car's on ebay, that the reserve is £5000 and that people are welcome to bid! :dontgetit: Welcome to bid could mean that he's inviting people off here to bid on it and buy it!!!

If he'd actually said to people 'put some sly bids on my car for me so that genuine bidders have to pay more' I could understand why you're all being so bloomin whiney about it! :gimme:

#20 Harry Beaver

Harry Beaver

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:36 PM

Fact is, dosen't matter how much people "bid it up", unless it makes the reserve it's staying in my garage, so no one is being defrauded of anything.

Which a bunch of C**p.

What's the difference between what's happened & me starting the price at £4900?

#21 sparkymini

sparkymini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

well saying that its nearly hit the reserve!

He asked people to bump up the non reserve price, therefore Im the high bidder :gimme:

erm the 'he asked me to bump up the non reserve price' bit?

I'm only stating an opinion the poster asked why bids have no increased an i was pointing out in MY OPINION that any sort of deception would put me off, after all whats to stop him from asking people to bid it up afterwards if they've already done it before. Thats the way i'd think about buying a car on ebay, approach it with caution, and if i thought that anything was untowards about it i wouldnt bid.

Considering he's posted this on other forums too, its probably just another way to bring the sell to the attention of others anyway?

I mean how are people really meant to know why people havent bid any further?, without making an assumption based on their own thoughts which is what everyone else has done on this thread.

Scamming as i've said is merely a different word for deception (in ebay terms bidding on an item to increase the auction price with no intention of buying it), i could use dishonesty, con fraud, cheating or other abjectives.

With regards to the 'get a life' argument, your posting in defence etc could be construde by some people as being OTT, the same as you took offence to the posting of others, someone 'with a life' in the context you used it would simply not click the reply button. I actually have one, hence not posting from beyond the grave!

It *pees* me off when people ask for opinions then get snotty simply because its not what they want to hear

Edited by mini mad me, 02 November 2007 - 02:47 PM.

#22 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

Exactly! :gimme:

EDIT: that was a response to the OP's last thread.

Edited by mini mad me, 02 November 2007 - 02:41 PM.

#23 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:44 PM

sparkymini:

My post was not a direct response to yours, just a response to the way the thread was heading. Being accused of scamming because one poster stated that 'he'd asked people to bid it up' was getting OTT in my opinion.

#24 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

With regards to the 'get a life' argument, your posting in defence etc could be construde by some people as being OTT, the same as you took offence to the posting of others, someone 'with a life' in the context you used it would simply not click the reply button. I actually have one, hence not posting from beyond the grave!

I take that on board, but that's just a phrase! If you take common phrases like that too literally, well, I apologise. I wasn't accusing you of being dead by any means!

#25 sparkymini

sparkymini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:46 PM

sparkymini:

My post was not a direct response to yours, just a response to the way the thread was heading. Being accused of scamming because one poster stated that 'he'd asked people to bid it up' was getting OTT in my opinion.

Well its only in the context of the rules for selling on ebay, as i said before any dishonesty regarding the sell will make me raise my eyebrows which MAY be the reason that others dont want to bid, all i'm doing is offering an opinion, as have others.

#26 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

that's true, but my original point was that I didn't see anywhere that HB had requested people to bid it up. It was a third party and we don't know that to be fact.

Anyway, I apologise if I came across as harsh. :gimme:

#27 sparkymini

sparkymini

Learner Driver

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:50 PM

no worries hangloose :gimme:

#28 Harry Beaver

Harry Beaver

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:50 PM

I never once asked him to bid it up, I jest said if anyone fancies a bid the reserve is £5000.

Slander is also illegal if we want to get silly.

If I find anyone has contacted any on the bidders on the austion legal action will be taken.

#29 The Matt

The Matt

• Admin
  • 17,229 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 02:51 PM

I think that'd be hard to prove to be honest.

Anyway, has it not sold then? You could always do a 'second chance offer' thingy? :gimme:

#30 Harry Beaver

Harry Beaver

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 02 November 2007 - 03:05 PM

To be honest if it dosen't sell I may just keep it & buy a Z cars as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users