19 replies to this topic

#16 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 07:35 PM

£1295 is very very different to £5500 , obviously there would be around £1000 to £1500 for the complete engine package depending on what and where you get your R1 from maybe cheaper if your lucky and a bit more for the latest R1. Trying to work out where the other £3000 at least would go.

Need to see it, what you get and what you don't, sounds like the conversion kit excluding engine must be around £4000 which I suppose does make sense but it's a very long way from £1295

Cheers

#17 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:04 PM

Will his gearboxl be of use to you? It is quite simply to customise a rod change original r1 boxand keep it simple with just using a chain direct to drive shafts like the z-cars kit. Unless you go for a power shifter like on my car.

#18 R1mini

R1mini

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,385 posts

Posted 01 March 2005 - 08:42 PM

I'm interested in any solution, it always interesting to see how other people over come the same problem in many different ways.

I don't want to use a chain really and there is no way it will fit without something sticking out, either the front would have to be lengthened a lot, or the engine very high up.

I'm trying to end up with a reverse aswell, there just isn't the room in the front of a round nose mini without some expensive engineering I fear

Cheers

#19 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 02 March 2005 - 01:35 PM

Sounds like an interesting project.

Welcome to the site!

I think I saw somewhere someone using a whinch engine for reversing. If thats any help.

#20 Alburglar

Alburglar

Das Pingu's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,331 posts
  • Local Club: Kentish Mini Club

Posted 03 March 2005 - 12:19 AM

that was me, and it's a starter motor

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users