#1 julievn

julievn

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts
  • Local Club: minisnoatcakes

Posted 06 November 2007 - 06:37 PM

yesterday i received a letter from the DVLA stating that there was a discrepancy on the details on my MOT certificate (which was last week) and the details held on my car by the DVLA. They have asked me to notify them of my chasis number on the MOT certificate, the number on my log book and the number stamped on my car.
i have checked and the number showing on the MOT is the correct chasis number as shown on my car, and it is identicle to the details on the MOT from last year.
i phoned the DVLA to ask what the discrepancy was and he said that the computer system was down :lol: so he couldnt tell me but it was something to do with my chasis number but i cant find anything wrong so im scared now!!!!
ive sent the form back with all the info they asked for so i will have to sit and wait i suppose, has anybody else had anything like this before?

#2 taffy1967

taffy1967

Whovian

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,896 posts
  • Local Club: South Wales Minis

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:02 PM

How long have you owned your Mini for Julie and did you have any bother last time?

I bet their just jealous and annoyed that your enjoying tax free motoring and just want to be difficult.

:lol:

#3 julievn

julievn

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:07 PM

i had her for four years thats what i cant understand, and never had any trouble before, i have checked all my previous MOT's and they all show the same details, what have they found or think they have found??????

#4 rozzer!

rozzer!

Up Into Fourth

• TMF+ Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,367 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:12 PM

i had her for four years thats what i cant understand, and never had any trouble before, i have checked all my previous MOT's and they all show the same details, what have they found or think they have found??????

be careful, there is a chance thatit could be something dodgy going on. just a possibility

#5 Elfie

Elfie

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 608 posts
  • Local Club: Teeside Yesteryear Motor Club

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

I got one of those too! The woman at the garage had spelt Riley wrong and they had mistaken an S on the chassis number for a 5.
I just filled in the form and sent it back. It's probably the MOT place got one digit out of place or something

#6 julievn

julievn

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:24 PM

thanks elfie
i hope it is something simple like that cus i am really worried :lol:

#7 1984mini25

1984mini25

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 8,781 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 07:56 PM

I’ve recently had this happen to me after only owning/driving the car for the past 3 years, basically mine al started last year when the mini went in for the yearly mot and first time on the new mot computer database system, which is when, wasn’t noticed at the time the tester entered the chassis number wrong.

Fast forward to this year and same mot place, mini goes back it and chassis number re-entered, only because this tester could read, the chassis number was correct this time but didn’t match the systems data.

So about month after the mot I got one of them form through wanting to know the number on the car, v5 and mot certificate, which I filled in and set back.
Although were mine was slightly different was not only had the mot place got the number wrong, but also the number on the v5 and the chassis plate were also wrong, as the number in the scuttle was still present it showed that the v5 was at fault with all the correct numbers and letters, but with two similar number next to each other round the wrong way.

Which obviously caused confusion, with weather or not it was legally taxed or even moted or possibly worse and clone/ringer, although I would never of bought the car if the numbers didn’t match up, so was more than likely a bananas up at the dvla.

But everything has finally been sorted when a new corrected v5 and the one for the Mayfair both turned up on the same day a few weeks ago.

Edited by 1984mini25, 06 November 2007 - 07:57 PM.

#8 THE ANORAK

THE ANORAK

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,946 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:07 PM

yes, Ive had this before on the computerized MOT system.

it's mainly down to people misreading the digits 13 = B, W = V V etc. :lol:

#9 julievn

julievn

On The Road

• Noobies
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 08:26 PM

but thats the strange thing, last year it was MOTed on the new system with the same number entered as on this certificate, i have checked and the numbers on both certificates are identicle and they match the number stamped on the car.

#10 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:02 PM

Just make sure these letters ask you to send them back to DVLA, Swansea.

#11 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 06 November 2007 - 10:28 PM

Does your car have an original MK 1 shell?

#12 MiniSal

MiniSal

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 12:17 AM

All sorts of funny things have come out of the woodwork since they computerised the MOT, so I wouldn't worry, if I was you. Most likely to be an error at their end rather than anythign to do with you. I had a colour discrepancy issue with one of mine, but it was easily rectified.

#13 Geehawk

Geehawk

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 500 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:05 AM

Had the same thing when I put my Midget back on the road for the first time in years. MOT man misread the VIN no, and the one on the V5 was slightly wrong too.

Also there was no braking data on the system for my car apparently so the tester had to go out for a drive in it with a deceleromter (sp?) to test the braking efficiency :lol:

#14 Harry Beaver

Harry Beaver

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:06 AM

Ah, it's probably a ringer, nothing to worry about......

#15 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:46 AM

Ah, it's probably a ringer, nothing to worry about......

Mark, stop being a twit......

Julie, I reckon it's all a mix up with the DVLA at their end, they are notoriously bad at keeping records. My Dad had a letter earlier in the year telling him there was a descrepency between the dates he owned a car and the date it was taxed/SORN. He had literally bought the car on eBay, collected it the weekend after and filled in the SORN documents the same day. They had recieved the change of ownership a few days before that and were trying to sting him for an £80 fine!

Just don't expect great 'telephone' service from them, my Dad was also messed about when they sent him a new license (After getting point for speeding) and omitted his motorcycle license from the list of passed tests!!! He was on the phone for several hours a day for over a week, but they have NEVER put his motorcycle license back on the document!

In short, they are a bunch of numpties, but I'm sure everything will be fine! :lol:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users