#1 nightroamer

nightroamer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 07 November 2007 - 09:17 PM

Hey guys,
I was recently involved in a road rage incident (well 3 months back)
basically a guy cut me up, slammed on the anchors, and got out to smashed my windscreen,
despite the car being registered to him and he had kids and his misses in the car he got away scot free because i couldn't ID the guy after 3 months!

anyway my rant is to help promote http://www.baddriving.com/default.aspx
its a free site to report these awful drivers, and if u so wish there plates and details of what happened
the police dont help but we can make people aware of these drivers!

take a look guys, i know there have been other victims recently.

Ty

Tom

#2 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 09:47 AM

I was driving Toad through a busy town a few months back... Was badly cut up on a roundabout by a Chrysler Crossfire. I was going straight ahead, so was in the left hand lane... he did the usual, "I'm going to get past this mini", went in the right hand lane and tried to push me off the road on the roundabout exit, he failed and I stayed ahead of him! Other people even beeped their horn at him, it was really awful driving...

Then trundling down the road to the next roundabout (Chrysler guy was still behind me) he managed to do the exact same thing again, this time I had no where to go, with cars coming in from every where and Toad ended up on the grass verge :dontgetit: Other drivers were again astounded and looked on open mouthed!! I was shaking like a leaf, carried on to where I was going, and have wished ever since I had enough faith in the Police to have reported him for dangerous driving.... The idiot even had personal plates, so it wasn't hard to remember them :angel:

I'll stick him on that list.... :P

However, you will always get complete numpties who think everyone is doing something wrong and will be reporting innocent drivers all the time... Just like the people who rang to report my other half for his 'dangerous' driving to his boss last week.... they were in the wrong lane of a road marked four lane roundabout and didn't like the fact that Simon was where they wanted to be, they pulled up along side the van (now in completely the wrong lane of the roundabout) and started screaming abuse through the window!! Then rang the shop number on his van and made up a story about his driving... they said they thought he should be severely reprimanded. Luckily his boss knows him very well and just laughed when Sy told him what had really gone on... :P :w00t:

Edited by Amy, 08 November 2007 - 09:48 AM.

#3 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:34 AM

I have mixed feelings about that site,

There's no way any of the claims can be substantiated.

Someone could argue that their details were acquired off that site if they were reported for a genuine incident.

There will be idiots who may actually look on it as an achievement to get a listing.

What if the the car was stolen and recovered or just sold?

Better to report it to the police - if they receive enough reports about a particular driver or stretch of road they may take a bit more focused interest. Having some sort of camera in your car is a good idea for all kinds of reasons.

Edited by Ethel, 08 November 2007 - 10:35 AM.

#4 nightroamer

nightroamer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 10:40 AM

Having calmed down from my call from hampshire (useless) polce. i have since decided not to post the guys details, even though he has previous for it too.
just feel totally ignored by the system.

#5 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:07 AM

Agreed Ethel, which is the point I was trying to make before.... I decided not to bother put the details ont here either.... It would never be of any help to anyone, so why bother!

If I see the guy in the area again and he's driving badly, I will be going to the police about it!

#6 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:20 AM

Agreed Ethel, which is the point I was trying to make before.... I decided not to bother put the details ont here either.... It would never be of any help to anyone, so why bother!

If I see the guy in the area again and he's driving badly, I will be going to the police about it!

Well have a camera to hand and also get the registrations of the other drivers whose jaws are left aghast by his antics.

#7 Amy

Amy

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 878 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:27 AM

Well have a camera to hand and also get the registrations of the other drivers whose jaws are left aghast by his antics.

:w00t: I'd rather I never saw him again actually...... Poor ikkle Toady! :angel:

#8 directorydaz

directorydaz

Speeding Along Now

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 385 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

well just had a look on there to see if i am on it..

The amount of times i get cut up for someone else being in the wrong lane, then when you toot to let them know, I receive the blame and abuse... an example:

A few years ago i was in my works van, it had one of those "hows my driving numbers on it"

I entered a round about and got in the correct lane (middle) to go straight over (it was three lane entry, and two lane exit), i enter the round about same time as car on the left of me, as we enter car to left drifts in towards me and my van in the middle lane, so i have to move across to the next lane to me (luckerly there was nothing coming) i toot to let her know shes cocked up and carry on, as we exit round about (i got across before the dangerous cow) see starts beeping at me, and flashing.

I think no more of it till i get back to the depo and get told all about my bad driving on the round about!!!!!!!

She rang the hows my drining number reported me for cutting her up!!!!

Edited by dazzler, 08 November 2007 - 11:42 AM.

#9 mattyoung69

mattyoung69

TMF Moderator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,110 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 11:31 AM

Certainly up here, the Police cant do anything about an allegation of dangerous driving UNLESS theres an independant third party willing to make a statement about what happened, ie another driver who saw what happened to you etc.

This is not at the choosing of the Police, but from the CPS as they will drop any and all prosecutions against the driver if there is no witness.

Please keep this in mind if the Police near you tell you the same, its not our fault, once again its the CPS.

#10 nightroamer

nightroamer

Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 12:28 PM

Certainly up here, the Police cant do anything about an allegation of dangerous driving UNLESS theres an independant third party willing to make a statement about what happened, ie another driver who saw what happened to you etc.

This is not at the choosing of the Police, but from the CPS as they will drop any and all prosecutions against the driver if there is no witness.

Please keep this in mind if the Police near you tell you the same, its not our fault, once again its the CPS.

Yea i can see that is why so many people get away with it. My case is a shame really there were four witnesses me and my mate and 2 others in the area. What peeves me a little is that it took 3 months to do a line up, by that time none of us could id the guy, there were 4 videos i swear were almost identical which sucked.
But how can people get away with saying someone else had my car but i dont know who! it seems mad.

On that note i have to say the officer i was dealing with was EXCELLENT and did all he personnally could.

#11 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:10 PM

Would the CPS take the same view if you followed them home and took your own revenge on their car if there was no third party witnesses?

#12 Bungle

Bungle

Original Spamster

• Members
  • 28,971 posts
  • Local Club: cornish mini club

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:29 PM

just looked up cornwall

only 1 case of speeding on the site

we must all be nice down here >_<

#13 mk3 Cooper S

mk3 Cooper S

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:34 PM

just looked up cornwall

All chilled out on Clotted cream !!

#14 TJenkos

TJenkos

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:37 PM

Pretty funny website really >_<

57 accounts in Derbyshire haha

What happened:
Followed a lorry, going slow as they do, for 13miles with a bigger and bigger line of traffic growing behind it. Would of been a good idea to pull over in a lay by or something to let us pass but no.

Just a BIT annoying to say the least!

Posted Image

Edited by TJenkos, 08 November 2007 - 01:47 PM.

#15 Mini_Magic

Mini_Magic

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • 5,747 posts

Posted 08 November 2007 - 01:50 PM

just looked up cornwall

I bet it's quite hard to speed when you have square wheels on your car.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users