Ah yes good old chain letters.

#17 ian

ian

Super Mini Mad

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 676 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:19 PM

I seen it down here at 1.02 at the moment.

A Kirk, i agree yes you do have to ofload the cost to your clients, as we all do, but you still have to pay for it in the long run, you still have to live so everything you buy has had the price increase loaded on, even down to the loaf of bread, thats over a quid now, (god i sound old).

Totally agree with the tax thing, my road tax is just over 1k a year, and when i go to fill up its in the hundreds a time, and that tank full will normally last about two days.

#18 MiNi FiZ

MiNi FiZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Local Club: The Matt Black Rat Pack

Posted 10 November 2007 - 07:33 PM

this country is all about the tax, you get penalized for working by getting taxed and the people that do phuc all are the ones that get benefits?!?!?

i don't get it :)

the fact that that the country take so much money from the public and hardly puts any of it back into it is pathetic! but then again we've become so used to getting taxed we all just take it on the chin and put up with it!

#19 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,409 posts
  • Local Club: none

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:00 PM

this country is all about the tax, you get penalized for working by getting taxed and the people that do phuc all are the ones that get benefits?!?!?

the fact that that the country take so much money from the public and hardly puts any of it back into it is pathetic! but then again we've become so used to getting taxed we all just take it on the chin and put up with it!

Where do you suppose your tax money goes? Hospitals, schools, police, defence, roads.... if you don't want to live in the dark ages it has to be paid for somehow and even the civil servants and 'scroungers' buy goods and services that puts money in to the economy to pay your wages. I imagine there are a few that would swap places with you rather than live on sink estates claiming benefits.

#20 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:10 PM

It's sickening how they do it by area as well. Minehead is currently 101.9, Taunton is on average 98.9, Weston Super Mare is 97.9, and Bristol for Pete's sake is still 96.9!! How is that fair?!?!

A full boycott is whats needed..the problem is the threat of full arresting this time round. Venesuala...ok? They pay somthing along the lines of 5p per litre. America is around the 30p mark. Our price of fuel is utterly shambolic. Not that it goes towards transport either. The roads where I live that I drive on everyday to work are utterly apauling. Nothing goes towards alternative transport here, nothing goes towards car sharing programs...

I'm prepping banners and posters. I have had it with this countrys cba attitude. Everyone needs a damned good kick up the arse. I mean for Issigonis' sake..the FRENCH now how to protest better than us!! Just look at their fuel prices!

Edited by nev_payne, 10 November 2007 - 08:11 PM.

#21 andy69

andy69

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • Local Club: ?

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:13 PM

It's sickening how they do it by area as well. Minehead is currently 101.9, Taunton is on average 98.9, Weston Super Mare is 97.9, and Bristol for Pete's sake is still 96.9!! How is that fair?!?!

A full boycott is whats needed..the problem is the threat of full arresting this time round. Venesuala...ok? They pay somthing along the lines of 5p per litre. America is around the 30p mark. Our price of fuel is utterly shambolic. Not that it goes towards transport either. The roads where I live that I drive on everyday to work are utterly apauling. Nothing goes towards alternative transport here, nothing goes towards car sharing programs...

I'm prepping banners and posters. I have had it with this countrys cba attitude. Everyone needs a damned good kick up the arse. I mean for Issigonis' sake..the FRENCH now how to protest better than us!! Just look at their fuel prices!

well said mate i agree

#22 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,409 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:33 PM

well said mate i agree

I'll hazard a guess that it's linked to the supplying storage depots and what price the fuel was bought into them at.

#23 yorkshirechris

yorkshirechris

• TMF+ Member
  • 3,873 posts
  • Local Club: www.lcmoc.com

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:43 PM

I agree.

Fuel is a necessity so they can get away with having a 65% tax on it or whatever daft percentage it is!

Just like it's a legal requirement to pay council tax...

Just like having your rubbish collected is a necessity...

Just like having vehicles on the road with tax discs is necessary...

So they'll milk as much out of it as they can to line their own pockets.

What really gets to me isn't the fact that I'm going to have to pay an extra few pence on a litre of fuel but the fact that this government DOES NOT LISTEN.

I wrote a big long post and now I've deleted it because I've realised I've just gone off on a rant about politics and it's not relevant!

Rant over :)

#24 MiNi FiZ

MiNi FiZ

One Carb Or Two?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 960 posts
  • Local Club: The Matt Black Rat Pack

Posted 10 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Where do you suppose your tax money goes? Hospitals, schools, police, defence, roads.... if you don't want to live in the dark ages it has to be paid for somehow and even the civil servants and 'scroungers' buy goods and services that puts money in to the economy to pay your wages. I imagine there are a few that would swap places with you rather than live on sink estates claiming benefits.

well i can say tax payers money isn't exactly helping! just looks whats happening to the NHS and Education standards!!!! and roads?!?!? are you serious? what, with the state of them? they "repair" them only to "repair" them a few years down the line!

"I imagine there are a few that would swap places with you rather than live on sink estates claiming benefits"

yes your right, they have already come into this country!

#25 Ethel

Ethel

..is NOT a girl!

• TMF Team
  • 25,409 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 09:13 PM

I have family that work in the NHS and I know a little about what happens in schools; in both there is a fair bit of money spent on 'window dressing' but you get pretty good value for money. Our roads have got to be the busiest in Europe that's why they're in need of constant repair - of course if you don't want to pay for them or use public transport, you can only expect them to get worse.

If people from foreign countries want to work in the UK it can't be all bad can it?

#26 nev_payne

nev_payne

Up Into Fourth

• Members
  • 2,249 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

While I agree there are many factors on this, I htink we need to keep this form turning into a political rant thread... not pointing at anyone inparticular but the topic is fuel costs.

I'll hazard a guess that it's linked to the supplying storage depots and what price the fuel was bought into them at.

Well...techically no. This is taken from PetrolPrices.com - a very useful petrol prices website.

Posted Image
That's based on 90ppl.

Its the tax the gov throws on that rack ours up so much.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users