#1 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:31 AM

Hi everyone,

I thought I would come on here and introduce myself as I have been looking for a mini forum just about everywhere, saw this one advertised in this months Mini World so thought I would pop on and have a look :wub:

My name is Stacey, im 22 (23 in a couple of weeks :gasp: getting old now! lol) and I should be picking up my first ever mini in time for my birthday! I have wnated one for ages now and when I couldnt find one I strayed from the path and got myself a 106, I know I know I apologise in advance! :tongue: But as I now (kind of) have an A reg primrose yellow Sprite, with a Metro 1275 engine in and uprated disc brakes all round, I think I have redeemed myself a bit, almost there anyways.

I have been going over in my head about which wheels to get, what arches to get, what to do to the dash, the interior and as there are so many options Im just glad I found somwhere I can search through past posts and put some of mine own up.

Hope I dont annoy too many people with my lack of knowledge and questions but everyone has to learn and start somewhere.

Thanks in advance guys and hello!

Stacey X

#2 miniman5

miniman5

1 Gold star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,135 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:34 AM

hello! how u doin! welcome to the mini forum.co.uk

#3 Sunshine

Sunshine

Friend of TMF

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 785 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:54 AM

Hi Stacey and welcome to TMF.

Nice to have another lady on board too!

#4 CharlieBrown

CharlieBrown

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,587 posts
  • Local Club: TMF

Posted 04 March 2005 - 11:58 AM

Hi there.

Welcome to the forum!

Disks all round! Sweet.

Any pics yet?

As for help, just post your questions in the right sections (Tech or Styling) and you will get loads of help. :wub:

#5 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:20 PM

Hiya :wub:

Thanks for the welcome guys, always nice to be made to feel welcome.

I can imagine you are a bit thin on the ground with female members? I could be wrong but most of the other car forums I have had a look on seem to be male dominated but then that really is to be expected!

Youve made me wonder if it is discs all round now, does sound pretty cool so the chances are I am being a complete doofus and got it wrong! :) I havent got any pics yet, the only one I took was on my phone when I went to look at it. Its cool though, I think its Primula yellow with old english cooper stripes and roof, the arches will be psinted the same as the roof for contrast I think. Looks girly but at the same time when I have finished with it I hope it will have a bit more bite to it then most of the minis round my way :grin:

Hopefuly will see you guys about on here and Im also hoping to get to a few of the shows this year, Its my turn to drag my boyfriend round the mini shows now instead of me going to the Ford ones all the time!

Stacey X

#6 Guess-Works.com

Guess-Works.com

Gearbox Guru

• Traders
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,838 posts
  • Local Club: Rugby Classic Mini Owners Club

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:38 PM

Welcome, and yes, most likely drums on the back, and you think 23 is old.. :) I'll just go get me zimmer frame :wub:

#7 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 01:44 PM

Personally I don't really see the point of having discs at the back, although if anyone can prove me wrong please do so.

#8 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:26 PM

As soon as I posted that up I did think about it and it is just the fronts he has upgraded to discs instead of drums. See...............that is why I need help from the likes of you guys on here! :wub:

Stacey x

#9 Jammy

Jammy

Moved Into The Garage

• Members
  • 25,397 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:28 PM

Still, why do people convert the rears to disc?! It seems a huge expense for something you don't really use that often?!

Sorry for hijacking your thread Stacey, really glad you've got ur mini finally?! you going to Castle Combe to thrash it round the track, which brings me nicely onto.....Brands Hatch to the Ring, you going?!

#10 Dom

Dom

Moved Into The Mazda

• TMF+ Member
  • 10,685 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:35 PM

hello stacey and welcome to the mini forum

#11 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:41 PM

Dont worry about hijacking my post, thats cool and you have brought up an interesting point so I will let you off! :wub:

I havent actually got it in my hands yet, or the driveway which ever, but it is mine! Its just a shame it sup by heathrow still being finished for me! Im getting it from my dads cousin and he is restoring it for me but I am getting really impatient now and want to start tinkering with it! I have too much money burning a hole in my pocket and already want to get my alloys and start making it my own.

I think for the minute I will just go to shows and have a look, Ive only been driving for about a year now and would really want to have waited all this time to get a mini and then for me to crash in front of loads and loads of people! :) Probably just my luck to do that as well, I cinsider myself more of a spectator at the minute.......................maybe after a few months of driving my road legal go-kart I will change my tune!

Stace x

#12 Brawlyrox

Brawlyrox

Crazy About Mini's

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,066 posts
  • Local Club: Cornish MOC

Posted 04 March 2005 - 02:49 PM

Welcome to the site stacey, we can help ya with any questions or queries that you have, and we go to loads of shows so u can get right into the swing of things as soon as you get ur mini :grin:

Nick

#13 centralminiTC

centralminiTC

Forum Trouble Maker

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,740 posts
  • Local Club: Central Minis

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:32 PM

Hi Stacey,

Yes there are a few of us females on this forum - I must admit I dont talk a lot of sense meself....(its my age you know) just hijack conversations here and there as I'm bored at work!!! :grin:

Hope to see you about at some of the shows this year then!

I have too much money burning a hole in my pocket

...and you can never have too much money to spend on a mini!!!! :grin:

and you've had to suffer Ford shows........you poor lass - bless ya!! :wub:

#14 Stacey

Stacey

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 145 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 04:40 PM

:gasp: You cant diss Fords! lol

Fords are great....................................... just to me Minis are better as they are suited to my little frame! What I meant to say there was dumpy legs! :wub:

Definatley going to try and get to some shows this year, they are great for inspiration and ideas of what you can do.

Stacey X

#15 myfirstminirick

myfirstminirick

Mini Mad

• Noobies
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 07:09 PM

welcome onboard stacey

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users